There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Does EDS care about its employees at all?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

My team was moved from Symantec to EDS a year ago. I suppose the pro would be that I still work with many of them, and they're great people.

Cons

There is nobody around me who works for EDS who isn't completely demoralized. The company has delivered pay cut after pay cut (some in excess of 30%). Some of us have literally been told that now matter how we perform, we will be getting more pay cuts next year. Also, for an IT services company, wading through EDS's IT is like pulling teeth; it lierally takes me days every time I need to figure out how to do something like signing up for benefits online. Some of us haven't even been told what our job titles are.

And since being bought out by HP, it has only gotten worse.

In short, there is nobody who works within 50 feet of me who are not (sometimes desperately) looking for another job. Avoid this company at all costs.

Why would I give feedback to the leadership? It is clear that they either don't listen to us or don't care.

645 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

A lot of layoffs, more hours to cover people laid off, pay cuts or raise freeze

Current Employee - Information Associate  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Information Associate in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Good place to get experience

Cons

raise freeze for about 2 years.
    promotion freeze.
    Now as part of HP: No more pension,lower 401k contribution, pay cuts, higher out of pocket for worse health plan options. Told under HP raises are not as common and bonuses are more common. Not good since we know who is getting the big bonuses.

HP Has Gutted What Remains of EDS

Current Employee - Information Specialist  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Information Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Great team, boss is decent a long time EDS'er and thinks well of the team's work. Challenging assignments and local efforts to boost ultra-low morale without providing more benefits or raises.

Cons

Since the HP take-over, no hot water in bathrooms, counting light bulbs in work areas to see which can be turned off, hit and miss with cleaning services and floors are dirty. Most experienced workers are jumping ship for more stable and better pay. Pay cut after take-over yet we still receive e-mailed advertisements from HP to buy hardware from them that we can no longer afford, due to the mandatory pay cuts and raise freezes, how demoralizing. Workers that are laid-off or leave are not replaced and the work is redistributed. 24 X 7 on call availability is still required with less pay and benefits. At least those that are left still have a job...for now.

Realize that the people who work for you are your bread and butter. Treat them right and your customers will be happy, treat them wrong and your customers, and your business will suffer. Do not use short-sighted cost cutting measures to satisfy the stock-holders on the short term, but will ruin your business in the long term. Employees see the glaring compensation gaps between those in the trenches and upper management even more.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Worked for Electronic Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!