Electronic Data Systems

www.eds.com
There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Does EDS care about its employees at all?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

My team was moved from Symantec to EDS a year ago. I suppose the pro would be that I still work with many of them, and they're great people.

Cons

There is nobody around me who works for EDS who isn't completely demoralized. The company has delivered pay cut after pay cut (some in excess of 30%). Some of us have literally been told that now matter how we perform, we will be getting more pay cuts next year. Also, for an IT services company, wading through EDS's IT is like pulling teeth; it lierally takes me days every time I need to figure out how to do something like signing up for benefits online. Some of us haven't even been told what our job titles are.

And since being bought out by HP, it has only gotten worse.

In short, there is nobody who works within 50 feet of me who are not (sometimes desperately) looking for another job. Avoid this company at all costs.

Why would I give feedback to the leadership? It is clear that they either don't listen to us or don't care.

654 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Farewell to an American Institution

Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Hopewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Specialist in Hopewell, NJ

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Some intelligent hard-working people that are fun to work with.

Demand for services from HP/EDS likely to increase as companies continue to out-source.

A lot of potential for the company to do great things once the obliteration o f EDS by HP is completed

Cons

Very disorganized due to absorption of EDS into HP – a lot of conflicting direction coming from different levels in management

for an IT services company their internal IT is terrible

a tendency to “spin” their communications instead of just stating what they mean.

Travel restricted, training dollars non-existent.

A lot of time is wasted on lame training that has no professional value.

Concentrate on making employees your collaborators instead of current practice of making them adversaries. Employees are not children to be cared for; they are intelligent individuals that understand the business environment and want to succeed.

HP is sinking this ship fast and furiously.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Life at EDS before HP was acceptable. Managers, for the most part, were flexible with time off and work hours.

Cons

Morale is at an all-time low (and this is post Dick Brown years). EDSers all have a target on their forehead. Even though it was mentioned, "EDS will retain its name and operate as an HP Company," that has changed. It is now HP Enterprise Services. All signs of EDS have been stripped from the building. The parking lot seems to get emptier every day. It's depressing.

Every day at work is just another opportunity to flex that target on our foreheads. I used to think highly of HP but being in their environment and seeing how things are done has really opened my eyes.

I think if HP realized the talent they have in front of them, things would be very different ... instead of capitalizing on this, they are flushing it down the toilet.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems