There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

Does EDS care about its employees at all?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

My team was moved from Symantec to EDS a year ago. I suppose the pro would be that I still work with many of them, and they're great people.

Cons

There is nobody around me who works for EDS who isn't completely demoralized. The company has delivered pay cut after pay cut (some in excess of 30%). Some of us have literally been told that now matter how we perform, we will be getting more pay cuts next year. Also, for an IT services company, wading through EDS's IT is like pulling teeth; it lierally takes me days every time I need to figure out how to do something like signing up for benefits online. Some of us haven't even been told what our job titles are.

And since being bought out by HP, it has only gotten worse.

In short, there is nobody who works within 50 feet of me who are not (sometimes desperately) looking for another job. Avoid this company at all costs.

Advice to Management

Why would I give feedback to the leadership? It is clear that they either don't listen to us or don't care.

reviews filtered by

HP Has Gutted What Remains of EDS

Current Employee - Information Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Information Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Great team, boss is decent a long time EDS'er and thinks well of the team's work. Challenging assignments and local efforts to boost ultra-low morale without providing more benefits or raises.

Cons

Since the HP take-over, no hot water in bathrooms, counting light bulbs in work areas to see which can be turned off, hit and miss with cleaning services and floors are dirty. Most experienced workers are jumping ship for more stable and better pay. Pay cut after take-over yet we still receive e-mailed advertisements from HP to buy hardware from them that we can no longer afford, due to the mandatory pay cuts and raise freezes, how demoralizing. Workers that are laid-off or leave are not replaced and the work is redistributed. 24 X 7 on call availability is still required with less pay and benefits. At least those that are left still have a job...for now.

Advice to Management

Realize that the people who work for you are your bread and butter. Treat them right and your customers will be happy, treat them wrong and your customers, and your business will suffer. Do not use short-sighted cost cutting measures to satisfy the stock-holders on the short term, but will ruin your business in the long term. Employees see the glaring compensation gaps between those in the trenches and upper management even more.

So many possibilities, so little accountability...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

* Great name to get on your resume...EDS/HP
    * Global assignments
    * Will meet truly nice folks...
    * Will meet really talented folks...on their way out

Cons

* "Seniority" is questionable, at best
    * 10+ of experience with the company equates to stagnant thinking, ego-maniacal behavior, poor results...yet can "build relationships"

Advice to Management

* Instead of down-sizing the talented, innovative thinkers, who actually produce results...get rid of the dead weight--->folks whom have never worked with any other company and are exceptional in passing the buck, spouting corporate rhetoric and generally taking up space...and oxygen in the numerous meetings they seem to enjoy "leading", which serve as pissing matches, only to leave attendees annoyed, as they will simply have a minimum of 56 email messages (in 60 minutes), upon their return.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems