There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

EDS: Opportunity and Flexibility for anyone willing to put in a little work

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX

Pros

Changing jobs after hire (parallel moves) - If you can prove you can do the job, they'll give it to you. How you got the skills isn't important. At managers option, work arrangments can be very flexible. Getting the work done and meeting deadlines is more important than what time I arrived in the morning, or even where I was when I did the work.

Cons

It's big. A lot of jobs are getting moved overseas. The pending merger with HP could be interesting.

Advice to Management

Thanks, for providing a company where someone could come in to a telecommunications position that was so entry level, it didn't require any training, and work their way up to become a successful and respected designer in only 5 years. It's great having a job where I don't count the days until Friday and don't get depressed on Sunday evening. Of course I'm a graphic designer. Getting paid to draw pictures (even if it's just an org chart) is a very fun way to make a living.

Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems

1. Decent Place to Work

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Pontiac, MI

Pros

The ability to change roles/projects and learn many new technologies all within the same company

Cons

How staff reductions are enforced.

Advice to Management

That people are important assests to be counted and not to reduce staff solely based on numbers but by looking at skills of employees. If there is a person who is underperforming but assigned to a project, reduce that person and give a solid or better employee their role who is not assigned to a project.

EDS - "the writing is on the wall"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

There are none really. I would say the oppty to work from home when I need to. I would say benefits are ok, and in line with the industry standards. People you work with is another good point. There are some great smart knowlegable people working.

Cons

No communication, organization, raises, feedback on performance. Losing clients left and right. The overlying threat of layoffs have folks scared. You never know when you are going to get the call to come to HR. People have packed up their desks taken all personal belongs home. Moral is at an alltime low. When the announcement was made of the mass layoffs, no communication as to the potential direct impact to us. It was the most unproductive day in a long time. People are just waiting to be layed off. They are like, pick me! give me the severance package.

Advice to Management

Get a clue...you have the wrong people in key positions. You have people sitting around doing nothing, on the internet all day. Then you have staff clearly in the wrong position. You do not communicate to staff, so no one knows what is going on.