There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems

EDS: Opportunity and Flexibility for anyone willing to put in a little work

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Changing jobs after hire (parallel moves) - If you can prove you can do the job, they'll give it to you. How you got the skills isn't important.
At managers option, work arrangments can be very flexible. Getting the work done and meeting deadlines is more important than what time I arrived in the morning, or even where I was when I did the work.

Cons

It's big. A lot of jobs are getting moved overseas. The pending merger with HP could be interesting.

Thanks, for providing a company where someone could come in to a telecommunications position that was so entry level, it didn't require any training, and work their way up to become a successful and respected designer in only 5 years. It's great having a job where I don't count the days until Friday and don't get depressed on Sunday evening. Of course I'm a graphic designer. Getting paid to draw pictures (even if it's just an org chart) is a very fun way to make a living.

646 Other Employee Reviews for Electronic Data Systems (View Most Recent)

Decent Place to Work

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

The ability to change roles/projects and learn many new technologies all within the same company

Cons

How staff reductions are enforced.

That people are important assests to be counted and not to reduce staff solely based on numbers but by looking at skills of employees. If there is a person who is underperforming but assigned to a project, reduce that person and give a solid or better employee their role who is not assigned to a project.

A good, but not great place to work with potential to be great again.

Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Information Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Electronic Data Systems

Pros

Their are lots of opportunities for someone who is willing to look for them, but sometimes you need to dig. The pay and benefits are competitive with most IT companies. There are some very smart and talented people to work with.

EDS supports Flexibility of work arrangements, and has a good work life balance. I have been able to work remotely for many years, although there has been some push back lately. Maybe this is a good thing to ensure the work at home staff are really pulling their weight.

I think the best thing is the coming merger with HP. I hope it gives EDS the kick in the pants it needs.

Cons

Easy to get stuck in a dead end if your not careful. I don't see management seeking out there best people.

The Best shore policy: putting this constant fear into the heart of your worker can not help productivity over the long haul. It's not good for EDS and it's not good for America.

The Moral is very low in many places in EDS. Recognition and feedback can be lacking with many managers. Communication has been poor, but is beginning to improve. Being acquired by GM introduced a my way or the highway mentality, but is thankfully it is limited to that account. Hopefully HP will be different.

Remember something Ross Perot said, Your employees are your most valuable asset. Way to go on the HP merger.

There are newer employer reviews for Electronic Data Systems