Elemental Technologies

www.elementaltechnologies.com
  www.elementaltechnologies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Elemental Technologies

Cutting edge technology company, could use more direction and organization.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Elemental Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and culture, a culmination of brilliant minds. This company is on the cutting edge of video processing and streaming and is overcoming even much bigger competitors for this reason. Company offers great benefits and pays insurance premiums for all employees

Cons

Company is in dire need of stronger direction and overall better management. Current management in-place has 'overall poor performance' and room for improvement. It's easy to get delayed by others because of this lack of direction, and the saying "blame goes downhill" very much holds true.

Create distinct departments and processes and stick by them, don't create blur and confusion regarding what an employee or department is supposed to be doing at any given time. I know this is characteristic of start-ups, but I have seen it handled better even among smaller start-ups.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Elemental Technologies (View Most Recent)

Excellent Company!!

Current Employee - Operations  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Operations in Portland, OR

I have been working at Elemental Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Elemental really shines through by providing their employees all the training and tools they need to succeed at their job. The biggest perk for me personally is that I get constant feedback from the team. I always know what I'm doing well, what I need to improve on, and where I stand with the company. The pay and the benefits are incredible and go above and beyond what most companies offer their employees. You will be working hard but, the work culture is fun and you really do look forward to showing up and working alongside your coworkers and hanging out with them afterwards. Upper management, including the CEO Sam Blackman, are genuine and personable leaders that are a delight to be around but also very straightforward with you.

Cons

Not that much of a con but as with most start-ups trying to establish themselves, there are constant changes and adjustments being made.

Never lose sight of what your core values are as you continue to grow.

Revitalizing, after not-so-hot experience in this space. Awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Portland, OR

I have been working at Elemental Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

- no sacred cows, sets the scene for innovation

- holistic approach to the workplace - not just challenging and fun at work, but also community-involved and physical / emotion employee development (and having fun at it)

- highly collaborative, really! Minimal-to-no amount of politics + voracious appetite for productivity and collaboration tools = truly collaborative workplace

- well-hedged business in various vertical and geographic video market segments. Quite a feat a company this size. Speaking of which ...

- great company size where it's big enough to punch out features at high velocity (and solid quality product), while small enough to be focused on business priorities and giving employees a chance to make a difference. Not too hot - not too cold - just right (size)

- Portland is a great town (and I relocated here for Elemental from areas considered great places to live in)

Cons

- you may gain weight because of all the great cheese and snacks that are nicely prepared and presented every day - oh and the great Friday lunches catered from awesome Portland restaurants

- keep up the good work

- hold out from selling the company as long as possible

There are newer employer reviews for Elemental Technologies

Worked for Elemental Technologies? Contribute to the Community!