Elements Therapeutic Massage

Engaged Employer

Just the Beginning

Current Employee - Client/Sales Specialist in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Client/Sales Specialist in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional business culture, uniform, calming atmosphere, clean environment, $10 bonuses for every membership sold.

Cons

Strange hours on the weekends, which makes taking time for my actual life a little difficult.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good First Work Experience in the industry

Former Employee - Massage Therapist
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist

I worked at Elements Therapeutic Massage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usually fully booked for a shift. Gives you a great understanding and education very quickly in the industry

Cons

Low Pay. Company relies on tips to boost MT pay. Not all clients tip and most only tip minimum

2. Massage Therapist

Current Employee - Massage Therapist
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist

I have been working at Elements Therapeutic Massage part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All supplies provided Schedule to meet my needs Clients booked for me Supply of new clients without my time, effort and money to advertise Rewarded for repeat clients I see Uniform shirts provided at no cost Manager really understands our needs and balances it with the company needs

Cons

The industry has changed, more jobs are available, but pay is lower industry wide Dealing with the public can be challenging Some co-workers lack professionalism and work ethic, they hire a lot of new grads.

Advice to Management

I was hired on as a Massage Therapist. Within 2 years I got 4 salary raises and was promoted to Lead Therapist, with a guaranteed salary. Truthfully with Massage Therapy there aren't that many options. You can give massage, or manage other who give massage. If I was offered the Studio Manager position I would not take it as I don't enjoy talking on the phone with clients and doing that much customer service. I give great service and I like to only have to worry about my own massages. A neighboring Elements employs a woman who started as a Massage Therapist, was promoted to Studio Manager and elected to go back to being a Massage Therapist and then was promoted to Lead Therapist. She and I both feel that our commitment and professionalism have been recognized and rewarded. Given my chosen career and that I, along with most of my co-workers have opted to work part time (I work an average of 20 hours a week, which is fairly normal at our studio) I think I make a nice living doing something I love. That gives me a lot of free time in my personal life for my family. I have always felt safe and supported by the manager and owner, and we have good and constant communication. I've worked many places during my 8 years as a Therapist and all have plusses and minuses. So far, at Elements there are many more pros than cons.