Elephant BAR

www.elephantbar.com
  www.elephantbar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Elephant BAR

Great management and work environment.

Former Employee - Server in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Server in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Elephant BAR part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Locations differ, but tend to stay busy with heavy traffic on weekends. Great money. Managers really tend to stand up for their employees.

Cons

Very corporate run with many rules and regulations. Same cons as working at any other restaurant, sometimes dealing with angry guests or frustrated coworkers. Senior management has very little interaction with servers.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Elephant BAR (View Most Recent)

Too much corporate paperwork, quotas, and sales--too little time spent on running smoothly, keeping employees happy

Former Employee - Server in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Elephant BAR part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the menu items are wonderful, could be great place to be

Cons

Only the closer server stations are money makers, we would run out of rolled silverware and glasses in the middle of lunch and dinner shifts. Food was inconsistent. The cooks and food expo was at times negative and combative towards the servers.

Make it easier by supplying basics to servers like silverware and glassware. Having to tip out 5% of your tips is too much. Some servers shouldn't be given four two-tops while ohers are given three eight-tops. And my sales were good, so it wasn't that my quotas weren't being met. Very frustating. The high school students running the host station really didn't care about the inequalities of the server stations-- Mimicking management's example?

Fun work environment

Current Employee - Server, Certified Trainer in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Server, Certified Trainer in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Elephant BAR part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Managers and coworkers can be pretty cool. I love serving, it's great money for the few amount of hours you work.

Cons

Way too many discounts. 20% for seniors, 15% during lunch time, $7.00 off, etc, really hinders your sales and the amount of tips you make. I think it also gives people the wrong impression of our restaurant (hence why we getso many ghetto, cheap people!) Also, although managers are really nice, they sometimes have serious attitude problems. As a trainer, it is also irritating that some of my fellow servers have attitude problems. I feel like elephant bar needs to revamp their hiring process and not just hire anyone who applies and looks good in an interview. Maybe add some more in depth personality tests that one must pass first, then have serious interview questions in which one has to answer professionally and from experience. We would weed out a lot of the bad seeds. When I worked for red lobster, there was a very in depth hiring process, and every single one of my coworkers was like family to me. This is the type of relationship we need. But Ebar hires too many conflicting personalities!

Be easier to talk to sometimes! "bad days" happen too often! Maybe it's because you have to work like 55 hours per week, 11 hour days, and your tired? I don't know but you should really get more rest! Lol. Also, let us take care of our guests needs! It is a pain to have to get a manager to apply all discounts, transfer tables, etc. wastes our times, hinders our guests service, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Elephant BAR