Good pay, Burnout can occur

Current Employee - Bartender
Current Employee - Bartender

I have been working at Elephant BAR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The money can be really good at times, somewhat flexible schedule,

Cons

My experience there was a lot of changes in management, they hold you to a very high standard, it can get really busy and you must be able to perform under high stress situation, the drinks are complicated and take time to make

Advice to Management

Train employees better, instead of throwing them at the bar with no official training and hoping they can hack it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Terrible Company to Work For

Former Employee - Cocktail in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Cocktail in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Elephant BAR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money at times, flexible schedule, opportunity to meet many new people.

Cons

Management was the most unprofessional I have ever witnessed at any other company, were never helpful and always passed the blame onto someone/something else. Employees are not valued at all; making money is the only thing this company and its management care about. Managers were obsessed with making their bonuses, and would fill out mindshares (surveys) themselves in order to make their quota.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for the well being and running of the restaurant. Treat employees like human beings.

Overall it was ok

Former Employee - Server in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Riverside, CA

I worked at Elephant BAR part-time

Pros

The managers were great MOST of the time. The menu always changed, this made us always try new food. OK job if you're a student, but nothing more.

Cons

Management was NEVER on the same page. Servers, bussers, expos and the kitchen NEVER had the necessary tools to run an effective service. The way this business is run, it seems more like a school club. Those are friends with management get promoted faster than those who have been there for a while. In addition, if you are going or planning to work here, it's all about who is the manager that day that you follow their rules. one day you may be following the procedures that the regional manager sets, but when the regional manager turns HIS back on the procedures there's not much you can do but stay quite or get written up for not following instructions. In short, this place is chaos.

Advice to Management

IF anyone from corporate or management is reading this, you must be responsive to the needs of your employees. I understand this is a business and that there sometimes will be a disconnect from the top to bottom. However, with the HIGH turnover rate that there is, that should be a red flag to you. Meaning that there is something occurring WITHIN your business that employees are unhappy with. I would love for someone from upper management to come inn and just work ONE day or weekend in our shoes(without out the managers knowing) to truly see how there business is being ran.