Eli Lilly

www.lilly.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly

Rewarding work, caring environment

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Windlesham, England (UK)
Current Employee - Research Scientist in Windlesham, England (UK)

I have been working at Eli Lilly full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High quality science, multiple opportunities to contribute your skills

Cons

Often too much work in progress to do truly innovative work.

599 Other Employee Reviews for Eli Lilly (View Most Recent)

Most toxic and backstabbing work environment I ever experienced.

Former Employee - Associate, Sales & Marketing
    Former Employee - Associate, Sales & Marketing

I worked at Eli Lilly full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Reasonable benefits and salary comparable to other pharma companies - at least, until you figure out that it's 39.25 hours MINIMUM that they expect you to work - and yes, they will pile on the work to get you to do a lot more than the requisite weekly hours.

Cons

Apparently working an efficient/effective 8-hour day is insufficient, so in essence, one is paid for a 39.25 hour week but expected to put in 50+ hours. Work/life balance? Complete joke - they only pay it lip service. Also, they have the nasty habit of railroading people, by giving (biased and unfair) performance management reviews, in order to get them to quit, so that permanent positions can be re-allocated as contract positions without benefits. The culture is reactive rather than proactive (though they continuously tout the benefits of being "proactive" in finding "Answers that matter"), so one is seemingly constantly fighting little fires (real or manufactured emergencies).

Is there any point to give them any? I guess I would say, don't even bother with HR exit interviews - I highly doubt that any feedback is reviewed, considered or used anyway, at any time.

Slow to grow

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Eli Lilly full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They truly have some great products and they are a great company to work for. They invest heavily in the success of their sales teams. Their educational programs are very thorough. Rewards and recognitions are high if you're a performer.

Cons

Slow career development if you are a sales rep. The variable cash incentives could be higher.

Allow more top performers the opportunity to fast track.

There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly