Eli Lilly

www.lilly.com
  www.lilly.com
There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly

A solid, conservative company with excellent research capabilities, but marginal marketing/sales systems.

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Eli Lilly full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent history and corporate culture, top-notch research and product offerings (typically new markets and/or best -in-class). Compensation and benefits are on-par with industry, and the people are generally good natured and strong performers.

Cons

During my 12-year career there, they never really figured out if they were a sales team or a marketing division; as such, the incentive plan was hit and (mostly) miss.

Call your sales team what it is -- a group of highly-trained, professional consultants -- and things will be even better.

579 Other Employee Reviews for Eli Lilly (View Most Recent)

Would strongly recommend staying away from this company, future is quite uncertain

Former Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Eli Lilly full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, great coworkers, and career center, company does a tremendous amount for the community

Cons

It's hard to read the positive reviews for this company because my experience was quite different. I saw discrimination, sexual harrassment, destructive behaviors, all within the leadership team. The company incented poor behaviors and definitely was a good-old boy network starting from the very top. Unfortunately, this company is completely insular, difficult to partner with (look at their track record with ICOS, Amylin, BI, DSI and you know they are very difficult to work with. I was witness to some of the behaviors that led to these unsuccessful partnerships. Sadly this company won't change as long as they continue to promote from within. They have not been successful bringing in any outside talent, and it shows. I'm also amazed that the investor community doesn't see what is lacking in this company. I think this company is a great example of the problems you have when there is no competition in your backyard, very bad behaviors ensue and are propogated...

Need to get rid of them and hire in a group of pharmaceutical/biotech leaders who actually can work with others and are from outside Indiana.

Excellent organization!

I have been working at Eli Lilly full-time

Pros

Ethical company that puts the patient above all. Lilly also has some of the brightest talent I have ever worked with.

Cons

Strict regulations from FDA make the job challenging.

There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly