Eli Lilly

There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly

Excellent.

Current Employee - Quality Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Quality Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Eli Lilly full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth, training, benefits, good pay for work.

Cons

I work all the time at the moment. Not enough hands for work that needs done

570 Other Employee Reviews for Eli Lilly (View Most Recent)

Long road to promotions

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Eli Lilly full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, communal atmosphere, solid history, great benefits, 401 K matching, growing pipeline, one of the few companies that currently still have a pension. Lilly also has done layoffs humanely and have treated employees very well during the process, which is commendable.

Cons

Very political, bonuses are subjective based on what your manager decides to give, commission is now based less on your sales, it's not the place to make a lot of money like it was years ago. Quotas seem to be out of reach and with the way healthcare has changed, there's only so much you can do to attain success. Promotions are decided by Directors, who are very out of touch with who deserves said promotions.

Promotions need to be given more often to those who deserve it, otherwise good people will look elsewhere. Pay seems to be much less than competition and sales professionals need a reason to stay.

Was a solid company with strong growth for employees.

I worked at Eli Lilly full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I received great experience here and the training was ok. Felt like I was part of innovative product launches and the culture was good for awhile. I did feel that I was a valued employee for the first part of my 15 year tenure. The company is respected in the medical community and back in the day was a fabulous place to work when Contigent Compensation was available. Excellent benefits and family/work balance.

Cons

Very political and some of the managers lack adequate training and experience to manage people. Pipeline is small and the pay did not feel adequate over time. Many of the sales rep work minimally and hide behind others. For many years this company had excess sales reps. and it was pathetic.

Very political and many of the managers move up to quickly and do not have the adequate skill sets to manage sales teams. Good old boys club.

There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly