There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly

Wasted days and wasted nights

Former Employee - Scientist  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Scientist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Eli Lilly

Pros

The benefits and relocation packages are great, until you file your taxes, be very careful with that. All kinds of little psychological tests to manipulate through the process, be aware or be gone.

Cons

There is a very inbred mentality going all the way back to Eli himself. Self sacrifice is a given, what less would a Civil War hero demand. However, I sometimes wondered whose side he was on.

Get the science back into this company or it will fail in our lifetimes. It's just so completely number and business oriented now - but you need a certain critical mass of 1. Science and 2. Honesty

544 Other Employee Reviews for Eli Lilly (View Most Recent)

Good professional growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Eli Lilly

Pros

Good company, allows flexible work schedules, pay is good

Cons

looks of organizational change resulting in job eliminations although company is hiring externally

Helped me to grow as a leader

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Eli Lilly

Pros

Respect for people and opportunities to grow in multiple professional areas and make contributions.

Cons

Lately, the environment has become very short term focused with looming patent expirations. The senior leadership hasn't been able to fill the pipeline gap and some of the executives are bringing on people just like them so that no one can challenge them. Takes too long to make any decision.

Focus on results and cut bonuses at the VP level until some new medicines are launched!

There are newer employer reviews for Eli Lilly

Worked for Eli Lilly? Contribute to the Community!