Allen Tx Nightmare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Elie Tahari full-time

Pros

I feel overall that the product was very fashionable and comparable to the boutique...growth potential limited unless you live in New York or an area where they have strong presence. Esthetics of outlet store very similar to a boutique.

Cons

The manager in the Allen location has very poor leadership skills...all she does is sit in the back and pretend to do things on the computer. Very minimal participation out on the Sales Floor and was accountable for a certain percentage of the StoresGoal.it is a company requirement to keep a client book which she does not. Communication skills were also very poor, what you would expect of someone as the role model of the store with regards to setting the tone and ensuring everyone was on he same page she cared nothing about. It's more buti will leave it at that, just be aware that the only resolution to this issue she can only achieve in a classroom setting.....BUSiINESS MANAGEMENT 101

Advice to Management

For upper management to value all members of the management team, not just relying on what the Manager says. In some cases the issue and concern is the MANAGER!!!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Elie Tahari

Review for TAHARI ASL

Former Employee - Dress Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dress Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the Elie Tahari Discount was probably the best and only thing enjoyable about the job. Most employees fail to use it, however.

Cons

Working conditions weren't ideal. Our offices were squeezed behind the sewing room in the corner. My team members were all very negative, especially my supervisor. I prefer teams where working collaboratively means a team effort, but the office culture wasn't as such.

This is about Tahari ASL division, not Elie Tahari...Tahari ASL--Worst job ever!

Former Employee - Fashion Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Fashion Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Elie Tahari full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Um, it's a job. Very hands on--you will learn a lot. Hours not long compared to most fashion companies.

Cons

Some of the worst pay in the industry. Constant verbal abuse from management. You will never get a raise in a million years.

Advice to Management

Stop verbally abusing your employees. Pay them a decent wage.