Elite Medical Scribes

www.elitemedicalscribes.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Elite Medical Scribes

No Breaks, long hours, legal issues

I worked at Elite Medical Scribes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the PAs & Staff Docs are nice & might even write you a letter of evaluation someday

Cons

Most likely you won't get to work enough with one Doc for the letter you are seeking. 9+ hour shifts with no breaks & no food allowed on the job, hard to even find time to use the bathroom or get a drink of water. Pay is very low compared to other companies & everything is done via email so you don't even have a face to be frustrated at when they ask you to complete something or respond within a 2 hour window. Additionally, they make you sign a non-compete contract that prevents you from working else where. Other legal issues are raised on other review sites as well.

Advice to Management

Try to get an established office on the site of larger locations to trouble shoot any employee problems. House keeping is not one of your specialities at the moment.

reviews filtered by
  1. Amazing opportunity for students interested in healthcare professions!

Former Employee - Medical Scribe
    Former Employee - Medical Scribe

I worked at Elite Medical Scribes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Being a medical scribe provides the opportunity to learn first hand from talented physicians. As a scribe you document each patient encounter from start to finish. I personally worked in the Emergency Department and was able to witness a variety of patients and illnesses/conditions. Working as a medical scribe gave me an advantage when starting medical school courses and confidence when interacting with patients.

Elite gives online and in-person training. This allows you to become comfortable with the material during the online training, and then benefit from one-on-one training in your actual location. The one-on-one training did not finish until I was comfortable working on my own, which was a great plus! The training definitely prepared me for working in the fast paced Emergency Department.

Elite provides constant feedback, which as a scribe allows you to improve continuously. The physicians you work with appreciate the hard work that you put in during every shift in order to make their lives easier. Physicians are extremely happy with the ability to have all charts completed when their shift is over. You also form great relationships with these physicians, which can make for great letters of recommendation when applying to professional schools (medical, physician assistant, nursing, etc.).

Elite also offers opportunities for career advancement within the company. There are numerous positions that scribes can attain, moving up through the company. These positions are both local and across the country, providing something for people of all interests.

Cons

The major downside of being a scribe for Elite Medical Scribes was eventually having to leave for school. Even though I am now in school, I definitely miss being in the hospital and working as a scribe.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue the good work! Elite provides valuable training, communicates well with their employees, and provides continuous feedback. Elite pushed me to be a better scribe each week, which allowed me to perform better and learn more.

2. Growing company with lots of different opportunities across the United States.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Elite Medical Scribes full-time

Pros

The company is in super growth mode which allows for a lot of opportunities to make your position your own. Their core values strive on being great to the employee and their customers. Very focused on providing a great experience and on quality. The company strives for an environment that is an "open door" type of culture and allows people to mold into the role they can excel in.

Cons

They may not be as organized as a larger corporation but they are getting there quickly. I truly wrote this because I had to pick one thing :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication and "open door" policy. As the organization continues to grow please stay focused on the employees and the customer as you do today. Overall, great company to be with and I am glad I landed here!

There are newer employer reviews for Elite Medical Scribes