There are newer employer reviews for Elkay Manufacturing

Strong company. good culture. Has shown its got what it takes to push through some trying times.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid company values that people really strive to live by.
Sales have grown even as the economy has eviscerated the industries Elkay serves. Hard to do... clearly doing something right.
Good benefits.
Talent is recognized. In a time of "managed growth" until housing rebounds, it's hard to expect instant gratification in terms of career growth. I have confidence that opportunities and rewards will come as the industry rebounds.

Cons

It's been a rough couple of years in the industry. This leads to a sense of "staying in one place"...a bit tough on a Type A person. I guess it helps to remember that the B-players in our market are NOT managing to "stay in one place"...they've shut their doors...

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with the Values, and double down on them as the economy improves. (Especially the Value "Our Strength is in our People..."

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Family company gone corporate (not in a good way)

Former Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Elkay Manufacturing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are very  good once you get to certain level, there are still some good people left getting things done but the number is dwindling with no opportunity for advancement with big talk no action / failed action management brought in from outside.

Cons

Elimination of long-term knowledgeable employees, New errogant corporate henchmen leadership, sacrificing of core values, Less personal, Environment that promotes people that do and say what it takes to get promoted instead of what's best for the company, lot's of employee turn-over, top heavy detached corporate structure.

Advice to Management

Wake up Ron, arm chair leadership is disolving the foundation that used to be held as your most valuable asset - your employees

OK, could be better

Former Employee - Engineer in Broadview, IL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Broadview, IL

I worked at Elkay Manufacturing full-time

Pros

-Great health care benefits
    -Workload is not brutal
    -Christmas Bonus

Cons

-They don't live up to their Elkay Values
    -Management has little or no concern for the professional growth of the employees

Advice to Management

-Act interested in the professional growth of your employees. Management does not seem to care about this.
    -Live up to your Elkay Values. The "Values" seem to have no teeth--people are not held accountable to live up to them.