Good company in struggling times

Former Employee - Market Research Supervisor  in  Oak Brook, IL
Former Employee - Market Research Supervisor in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits and education reimbursement.
Good people and opportunity to work on cross department projects

Cons

New upper management changes not all good. Company stuck in a segment that is too dependent on the home building industry.
Limited growth opportunity

Expand to different sectors and try to acquire business lines that add to the portfolio.

Other Reviews for Elkay Manufacturing

Strong company. good culture. Has shown its got what it takes to push through some trying times.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid company values that people really strive to live by.
    Sales have grown even as the economy has eviscerated the industries Elkay serves. Hard to do... clearly doing something right.
    Good benefits.
    Talent is recognized. In a time of "managed growth" until housing rebounds, it's hard to expect instant gratification in terms of career growth. I have confidence that opportunities and rewards will come as the industry rebounds.

Cons

It's been a rough couple of years in the industry. This leads to a sense of "staying in one place"...a bit tough on a Type A person. I guess it helps to remember that the B-players in our market are NOT managing to "stay in one place"...they've shut their doors...

Stay in touch with the Values, and double down on them as the economy improves. (Especially the Value "Our Strength is in our People..."

Family company gone corporate (not in a good way)

Former Employee - Manager  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Elkay Manufacturing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are very  good once you get to certain level, there are still some good people left getting things done but the number is dwindling with no opportunity for advancement with big talk no action / failed action management brought in from outside.

Cons

Elimination of long-term knowledgeable employees, New errogant corporate henchmen leadership, sacrificing of core values, Less personal, Environment that promotes people that do and say what it takes to get promoted instead of what's best for the company, lot's of employee turn-over, top heavy detached corporate structure.

Wake up Ron, arm chair leadership is disolving the foundation that used to be held as your most valuable asset - your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Elkay Manufacturing.

Worked for Elkay Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!