Ellucian

There are newer employer reviews for Ellucian

Great people and pay

Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tremendous people and institutional customers are gracious with their time. Marketing team is strong, sales team is unreal. Strong, smart. Company pays extremely well and bonuses are generous. Most of executive team is smart, friendly and passionate about higher ed.

Cons

Some management very tough. Unnecessarily so. Morale is a bit low on some teams because of certain individuals. Upper management should keep a close eye on morale.

Talk to your employees and make sure they feel managers are providing guidance and not destroying morale. You have a classy and smart team. Support is needed. Some team members have low morale because of certain management.

129 Other Employee Reviews for Ellucian (View Most Recent)

Getting stronger each quarter.

Current Employee - Consultant in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Ellucian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are awesome and love higher education. Seems to be over the monthly force reductions and sales are becoming much stronger.

Cons

If you don't live in Fairfax and aren't heritage Datatel then it seems your days are numbered. They like to stick together in that pack and don't expand trust to those that were merged into the new company.

Get out of the old mode of thinking that the Datatel model is the best answer to everything, and learn from former SGHE employees. They have something to offer and care about the business too.

Applications Beware

Current Employee - Web Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Ellucian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Multiple opportunities in Southern Nevada.

Cons

I was thrown out of a second interview because I had applied for a separate job two months earlier. I figured it wouldn't matter because they never responded to my application before hand. I was even working through a recruiter who suggested me for the job so I was blind to knowing it was ellucian.

There are newer employer reviews for Ellucian