Elmhurst Hospital Center

www.nyc.gov
  www.nyc.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Elmhurst Hospital Center

Satisfied-great learning experience in working with different types of people.

Former Employee - Clerical Associate in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Clerical Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Elmhurst Hospital Center

Pros

Enjoyed working with coworkers in my office.
Flexible scheduling--Supervisor was very helpful in working around my school schedule.
Great benefits--loved that vacation and holiday hours were banked as well as accrual of sick time every month. Also great insurance health plans.

Cons

Little recognition for job well done. Little recognition for years of dedication or service. Few opportunities for promotions or pay raises. Little training and development opportunities within hospital.

Provide better incentives to employees for good work and years of service. Be more supportive to lower level employees and provide more constructive feedback as opposed to focusing only on negatives.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Elmhurst Hospital Center (View Most Recent)

Enjoyable atmosphere

Current Employee - Attending in Elmhurst, NY
    Current Employee - Attending in Elmhurst, NY

I have been working at Elmhurst Hospital Center

Pros

The hours are reasonable. You also have residents to teach. The department is accommodating of personal circumstances and will protect you from harassment. There is a diverse patient population with interesting conditions. It is a level 2 trauma center.

Cons

It is difficult to remove undesirable personnel. There is no production incentive. Pay is by seniority and the more senior staff tend to be incompetent and unmotivated. Also the ancillary staff is variable. While some are the most helpful, there are also many who are unhelpful and difficult personalities. There are many who are more knowledgeable about bureaucratic intricacies than about patient care.

The equipment needs to be updated and easily accessible. There is a great deal of bureaucratic red tape that gets in the way of patient care.

Okay

Former Employee - Volunteer
    Former Employee - Volunteer

I worked at Elmhurst Hospital Center

Pros

Good way to gain some experience before applying for jobs

Cons

All but one supervisor I've had was disrespectful and utterly rude when I worked at administration. Working at the desk, you'd expect your boss to be nice and have manners to the volunteers and not look down upon them.

There are newer employer reviews for Elmhurst Hospital Center