Eloqua

www.eloqua.com

A Hotspot for Career Growth

Software Developer (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsI've read all the reviews here and to be quite honest, I'm a bit confused by them. Perhaps there is a difference in departments, but for developers? It's highly unlikely you can find a better position to boost your career. Here's why...

* Super selective hiring process; Eloqua will wait as long as needed to find top talent.
* Commitment to new technologies (e.g. Git, Jira, etc) means never using deprecated tools.
* Get to develop a product used by Apple, Adobe, Rosetta Stone, and much, much more...
* A fast growing and a market dominating product means ACTUAL career growth potential.
* Competitive pay, fantastic stock options, and pretty well-assured job stability.

Don't let some of the negative reviews fool you. If you just do some simple research on Google, you'll find that despite being the top of its industry for years, Eloqua has continued to skyrocket well above expectations. It's a demanding atmosphere her yes, but you just can't get that level of success in an organization where everyone isn't excited about what they do. That's Enterprise Development 101.

ConsMany have mentioned the very rough work/life balance here. A couple have also mentioned the heavy demands and workload here as well. In all honesty though, if not someone who thrives in a fairly demanding, fast-paced environment, perhaps Eloqua isn't for you to begin with.

Now that's not to say that Eloqua is totally unreasonable about their expectations -- if you have life / family concerns that you'll need to take care of? People here will be more than willing to work with you. We all have lives as well. But what's important, however, is that you can still be relied upon to completely you work at the end of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementJoe, please change your first name to Max. No, seriously. You'd be our hero for forever....

It was a high-value experience for personal and professional growth.

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

I worked at Eloqua

Pros: Great people Innovative company Industry leading best practices Outstanding learning opportunities Fun corporate culture… Cons: High expectations of success Strong personalities which occasionally clash Lots of responsibility Multiple office locations requiring monthly travel It… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to be competitive against Marketo. Make necessary changes to head count and budget to ensure there are enough Eloqua troops on the ground -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to learn about an emerging Industry - Marketing Automation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

I worked at Eloqua

Pros: They provide great learning opportunities to become an expert in Marketing Automation.… Cons: Too much management shuffling and bad decisions made during a key growth phase around new hires. There was a phase… Advice to Senior Management: Make better hiring decisions. Provide better opportunities for your employees (particularly in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Eloqua.

Worked for Eloqua? Contribute to the Community!