Elsevier
www.elsevier.com Amsterdam 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stable, occasionally innovative, well-intentioned market leader - but you'll have to fight for time career development

Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Elsevier full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLarge, stable (in aggregate), international - both by office location and outlook. Genuine commitment to accelerating science and health outcomes. Employees have deep backgrounds and expertise in our markets (science/health). Generally a fair and considerate place of work.

ConsSlow to change and to move. A silo'd organisation (functionally). You have to take full responsibility for your own career development. In spite of best intentions, Elsevier is often the lightning rod for complaints about the system of academic publishing.

The experience with the company depends on the team you're working in - so far, so good.

I have been working at Elsevier full-time for more than a year

Pros: Industry leader with good products and people. Cons: Have issue with management culture - consistently changing the organization,… Advice to Senior Management: Less frequent changes to the organization. It is quite often to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Highly complex matrixed organisation, but ultimately fun to work for

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Elsevier full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Intelligent colleagues Genuine pockets of excellence Right Work/life balance Stable Cons: Not the best at execution At times frustratingly Slow moving rather management… Advice to Senior Management: Shorten decision/business making cycles, create career path for non managers,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Elsevier.

Worked for Elsevier? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elsevier reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elsevier CEO Erik Engstrom. All reviews posted anonymously by Elsevier employees.