Elsevier
www.elsevier.com Amsterdam, Netherlands 5000+ Employees

Nice benefits, horrible management, zero advancement.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsNice work life balance and nice co-worker. Nice to be a contractor there since the rate is high and you don't have to deal with a lot of nonsense from incapable management.

ConsMicro-management, no clear direction and non-existent leadership. Management play favoritism when it comes to project assignment and advancement. Unless you come from the same herds from the same previous company or know someone up top, you will always be stuck on second gear.

You could do worse

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Elsevier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: * Decent benefits * Some good processes in place * Generally enough… Cons: * Lots of politics * Infighting and silos can make it difficult to achieve * Some… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure that all hands know which way the ship is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, easy to work for.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Elsevier full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Elsevier offers an enjoyable work environment where you'll be working with some… Cons: Like every other big company it can be difficult (in software development at least) to expand your career options. … Advice to Senior Management: Hire good people and let them do good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Elsevier.

Worked for Elsevier? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Elsevier reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Elsevier CEO Ron Mobed. All reviews posted anonymously by Elsevier employees.