Elsevier

www.elsevier.com

Overall great firm

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat team of co-workers. Industry best publications. Great employee benefits program and overall a great place to work - just need to not let the upper level management in the dam get to you.

ConsC level out of touch with business unit strategies and needs. Diabolical cost cutting measures with almost continuous hiring freezes or delays that affected product quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the individual in the business unit more scope for input into products and pubs. Also stop the "across the baord" hiring freezes.

Good people at lower levels, but no grand planners!

Assistant Editor (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

I have been working at Elsevier

Pros: Talented people, and lots of job experience quickly. Because headcount… Cons: Elsevier is not good at developing talent. When I started here, there was almost no training offered to me. Management is consistently not developed as… Advice to Senior Management: Become more editorially-driven; create change by creating incentives for innovation and fund… More

There are lots of benefits to working for Elsevier.

Journal Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Elsevier

Pros: Flextime, good benefits for self and domestic partners, opportunities to… Cons: Time sheets are a pain, the office space (in Philly)… Advice to Senior Management: Communication across the different departments and offices could be better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Elsevier.

Worked for Elsevier? Contribute to the Community!