Elster Electricity

www.elsterelectricity.com

Software Engineer @ Elster/Energy ICT

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsWhat can I say, it was a job. It was a place where I was told what to do and I got paid for listening and doing those things. The people I work with make most of the difference between a good job and a bad job. My boss was very good to me and the people I worked with were pretty cool. The job allowed me to be productive while also paying my bills. Life was good as it should. That is until the "Cons" arrived...

ConsElster was purchased by an English company named Melrose PLC. The philosophy of Melrose is to Buy, Improve and Sell. The word “Improve” is very subjective considering that their biggest change was the elimination of American jobs. I hear that things are getting better in India. Maybe it's time to move there and get my old job back ;)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe American dream will continue to die as long as our government does not protect us from corporations, globalization and the decay of rights. Everyone here in the USA including management should be kicking and screaming!

Status Quo At All Cost

Engineer (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

I worked at Elster Electricity

Pros: OK salary Surprisingly good benefits package 8-5 workday for the most part US… Cons: Elster N.A. is mainly comprised of Westinghouse/ABB and AMCO (American Meter Co.) Mixing two entities together and renaming the combination as a new… Advice to Senior Management: Executive management needs to make a decision to truly integrate EE and AMCO or sell off AMCO. It’s not working as it is. Integration will… More

Elster conveys a miserly attitude to its employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

I worked at Elster Electricity

Pros: Enjoyed relationships with co-workers. Good location in Raleigh, NC. Company has a good… Cons: The primary frustrations from my time at Elster were a lack of promotion from within the company (ie: growing the talent you already have), and… Advice to Senior Management: Wise up! When good employees continue to leave your company, a good employer starts to ask "why?" - and then corrects the problem. The cost… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Elster Electricity.

Worked for Elster Electricity? Contribute to the Community!