EmCare

www.emcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for EmCare

There's good reasons EmCare is the industry leader

Current Employee - Clinical Services in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Clinical Services in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EmCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am so very impressed with EmCare. The people make the company and at EmCare I am surrounded by caring, skilled, knowledgable, friendly people who want to succeed and who want me to succeed. I hope to be here a very long time.

Cons

Look deep enough into any large company and you are bound to hear complaints. Complaints are usually preceded by some sort of change. For some, change can be traumatic and be the source of frustration and negativity. Because EmCare gets hired to effect changes at client hospitals, the negative comments usually come from people working at those locations.

Be as transparent as possible. Tell people in advance when change is coming, what is going to change, why the change is taking place, and how each individual can participate in and benefit from the change.

36 Other Employee Reviews for EmCare (View Most Recent)

Talented team, supportive leadership, great benefits

Current Employee - Communications in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Communications in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EmCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One of the most rewarding benefits of working with EmCare is that you are surrounded by talented people--whether it's the company's leadership team, your co-workers or the portfolio of award-winning EmCare-affiliated physicians who are making strides in the health care industry. Working around such driven professionals is very motivating.

Cons

Overall, I am satisfied with EmCare with regards to job stability, career advancement, compensation and work/life balance. I also enjoy the professional company culture.

This company does not support it's physicians

Former Employee - Emergency Room Physician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Emergency Room Physician in Dallas, TX

I worked at EmCare

Pros

flexibility with scheduling
    Talented, friendly, and helpful coworkers
    Good entry level position
    minimal duties outside of the workplace
    adequate parking

Cons

zero administrative support
    no communication from upper levels
    the company does not back up physicians
    there is no concern regarding complaints by physicians of poor working conditions including treatment by ancillary personnel or in hospital accomadations
    it seems that the management just does not want to be bothered

Support your physicians and open lines of communication. If you work together, both parties will be much happier. Remember, good doctors are invaluable.

There are newer employer reviews for EmCare