There are newer employer reviews for Embarcadero Technologies

A great tool set and loyal customers.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Embarcadero Technologies

Pros

A great tool set and loyal customers. Made it through the economic downturn relatively unscathed and prospects look stronger. Very high renewal rate and customers keep coming back. Many employees have been with the company since the 90's. Those who work hard get rewarded.

Cons

There are so many marketing programs running at once that sometimes it is difficult to make sense of them. Not too many other cons that I see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum. Make sure product releases are complete and delivered on-time. Keep employees informed of company direction and listen to customer needs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Mostly inside sales environment with low price point products.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Embarcadero Technologies

Pros

Current customers generally like the products. If you're well liked, you can stay, even with not great performance.

Cons

None of the inside nor outside sales people make quota. Management talks about the on target earnings, but not one person has made that, even in good times. Mostly good products and mature market, but product quality has suffered in the past couple years. It's strange but some people stay and are allowed to stay even though quota is not made. Lots of turnover in many different departments and different levels.

Advice to Management

ask for employee feedback and actually take action on it.

2. Inside Sales at Embarcadero

Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Embarcadero Technologies

Pros

An excellent company in terms of coming to work every day. Talented and interesting people at most levels. Culture is excellent. Products are mixed but flagship tools are well-respected and company loyalty is valued.

Cons

The major con is the disconnect between upper management's direction/decision making and the opinions of our valued customers.

Advice to Management

I believe I answered this question above. Just please make decisions that are in the best interest in the customers that got us here.