There are newer employer reviews for Embarq

Project Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Embarq

Pros

Compensation, work environment, professional coworkers, work / life balance, high tech projects, work was evaluated in two categories annually (either you did the job or did not).

Cons

Very political, constant organizational and process changes, departments don't work well together, not much opportunity for advancement if you're not on the fast track.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Embarq (View Most Recent)

Good pay, absolutely no work/life balance

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Carlisle, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Carlisle, PA

I worked at Embarq

Pros

They did pay well. Though based on their website they have dropped the starting pay rate significantly for the new techs coming in.

Cons

Extreme micro-management and absolutely no regard for work/life balance. I was seriously told in the same monthly review that I was one of their best techs, my customer feedback score was excellent, and that I was on disciplinary probation because of my QA scores. My mistake was treating customers as individuals instead of following the checklist that often had nothing to do with the customer's problem.

You did not get your schedule until a week in advance. You did not know what days of the week you were working, let alone what hours. You could work first shift one day and second shift the next. It was completely impossible to schedule anything personal. And when you did get a day off, they would call you on your day off and demand you be there within two hours or risk losing your job. They did that to me once, when they knew I was going on vacation in another state. I managed to not get fired only after reminding them I was hundreds of miles away, and had informed them of this before I left.

Realize that employees, and customers, are human beings not cattle. A little respect goes a long way.

Acquisition

Current Employee - Manager PROG/PROJ DESIGN  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Manager PROG/PROJ DESIGN in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Embarq

Pros

Empowered to manage your business and make decisions on your own.

Cons

No longer empowered with decision making authority. Almost all decisions no matter how trivial seem to have to be approved by the CEO.

Allow your employees to run thier business as needed. Trust them and pay them fairly.

There are newer employer reviews for Embarq

Worked for Embarq? Contribute to the Community!