There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites

Lackluster - very little pay

Current Employee - GSR  in  Brunswick, GA
Current Employee - GSR in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at Embassy Suites

Pros

Nice environment (visually), fun meeting nice guests.

Cons

They don't keep their promises. They hire you and agree to pay you a certain amount but once you start working they pay you less than what you agreed to. My advice to anyone who is offered a position, make sure you receive a letter of hire specifying the amount of money you will be paid hourly. Also, be prepared to stand for several hours (6-8) with no breaks. If you have sensitive feet, this is not a job for you.

Management should keep to their word when hiring. If you make a promise to someone about how much they will make, then make sure that is what is on their paycheck. It took several weeks to see any change on my check after I kept nagging management. And I'm still not receiving what I was promised.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Embassy Suites (View Most Recent)

good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Embassy Suites

Pros

very good and helpful management of staff

Cons

good but doesnt review or compensate that well

take note of those who are around you and commend them with more than words

The Black Hole of Your Career

Former Employee - Night Audit  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Night Audit in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Embassy Suites

Pros

Good connection with a very large and wonderful parent company (Hilton Hotels). Wonderful travel discounts that permit you to stay at any Hilton properties at a more cost effective rate. Salary very competitive with the industry.

Cons

This location had absolute zero room for advancement with the company. Communications between employees/managers/departments were non-existent. Annual raises based on performance never exceed $0.20/hr.

Work on your communication skills, do not allow your personal feelings to influence you at work, show interest in the betterment of the careers of those who work for you and establish plans to build their advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites

Worked for Embassy Suites? Contribute to the Community!