There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites

Very enjoyable work if you are in the Hospitality industry

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Lexington, KY
Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Embassy Suites full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is reasonable. The training is excellent and all of my managers and supervisors are very nice and helpful. There are many parts to the hotel so you can work in all areas and grow in the industry. Health and dental insurance are good.

Cons

The vision insurance provided is almost useless. If you do not have a degree you can't be promoted within the hotel. I actually have more hotel experience than either of my direct supervisors.

Advice to Management

Allow people to move into management based on experience and knowledge, not a piece of paper. Not putting down college, but i have supervisor that just graduated a month ago with a degree in Psychology. How does that make her more qualified than me when I've been doing this for a long time?

reviews filtered by
  1. One of the worst hotels to work for in Los Angeles!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Embassy Suites full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None besides the supposed free meals which gets pre taxed...they pay you minimum and then you have to shell out 40 bucks per pay check to cover the cost of those "free" meals. On top charge you 50 bucks per month for parking...did I mention they start at minimum!!!

Cons

Too long to even list...
    Horrible management..and their corporate office is just as bad they seem to wash their hands clean of everything. No reviews the past three years...and when they did do reviews merely a 25 cent increase for some....horrible work atmosphere. Understaffed and everyone seems they been kicked into what they're doing without any proper training. Employee morale is horrible and very sad this is how they have treated their employees for over 3 years with what little time I spent here, it was the worst experience ever!! and they do not even provide proper uniforms!! or supplies to even do your job the cheapest company ever!!!

Advice to Management

Seems they pretty much hired anyone who wanted the job and is being run by complete idiots

2. Worst General Manager ever!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA

I worked at Embassy Suites

Pros

Friendly staff (except the General Manager).

Cons

Lack of moral, with a high turn-over, along with constant overtime.

Advice to Management

Change your career.

There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites