There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites

Don't work here

Current Employee - Engineer in Charleston, WV
Current Employee - Engineer in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Embassy Suites full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

you can get discounted rooms

Cons

wage freezes, high turnover, bad management

Step down

104 Other Employee Reviews for Embassy Suites (View Most Recent)

Very enjoyable work if you are in the Hospitality industry

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Embassy Suites full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is reasonable. The training is excellent and all of my managers and supervisors are very nice and helpful. There are many parts to the hotel so you can work in all areas and grow in the industry. Health and dental insurance are good.

Cons

The vision insurance provided is almost useless. If you do not have a degree you can't be promoted within the hotel. I actually have more hotel experience than either of my direct supervisors.

Allow people to move into management based on experience and knowledge, not a piece of paper. Not putting down college, but i have supervisor that just graduated a month ago with a degree in Psychology. How does that make her more qualified than me when I've been doing this for a long time?

One of the worst hotels to work for in Los Angeles!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Embassy Suites full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None besides the supposed free meals which gets pre taxed...they pay you minimum and then you have to shell out 40 bucks per pay check to cover the cost of those "free" meals. On top charge you 50 bucks per month for parking...did I mention they start at minimum!!!

Cons

Too long to even list...
    Horrible management..and their corporate office is just as bad they seem to wash their hands clean of everything. No reviews the past three years...and when they did do reviews merely a 25 cent increase for some....horrible work atmosphere. Understaffed and everyone seems they been kicked into what they're doing without any proper training. Employee morale is horrible and very sad this is how they have treated their employees for over 3 years with what little time I spent here, it was the worst experience ever!! and they do not even provide proper uniforms!! or supplies to even do your job the cheapest company ever!!!

Seems they pretty much hired anyone who wanted the job and is being run by complete idiots

There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites