There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites

Amazing FOM but high stress job and corporate setting not for me.

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Embassy Suites full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is the hospitality industry therefore the managers are all personable, positive, eager, caring people.

Easy to request time off.

Managers make you feel empowered to make decisions.

Cons

At the end of the day it is owned by a corporation and anything corporate says: goes. The bad thing about that is that they can be out of touch with what is going on at the hotel level and just care about the bottom line.

Not fair compensation.

Standing all day.

Work weekends and Holidays when necessary.

Not the best hours.

It is easy to understand that hotels have high turnover rates but it is very unsettling everytime a new GM comes in and tries to change things up. Everyone fears for their jobs.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great experience!!

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Embassy Suites full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I had a great Director of Front Office Operations. He had an open door policy and was always willing to take the time to listen to new ideas and train. This was my first industry job after finishing college and I learned a lot.

Cons

Very selective re-hiring process after 9/11. I was part of the opening team and felt forgotten as if I never worked for the company even after the rebuild. I was very dependable and hard working at my job. My opinion is reflective of the management team at the time and not the company as a whole. Hilton is a great company to work for.

Human resources should be just that - human resources. Employees should not feel that their department heads are in a different league and "above" their fellow team members and colleagues. Providing a respectable and supportive environment for both your external customers and internal customers are equally important.

2. Good connection and opportunities to move around in the company

Current Employee - Accountant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Embassy Suites full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company gives employees the opportunity to grow and move on to different departments. Also provides good benefits.

Cons

Limited staffing makes it difficult to complete job tasks and can often become very stressfull.

There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites