Embassy Suites

www.embassysuites.com
There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites

Good company. Older property

I have been working at Embassy Suites

Pros

I get to meet many different people on a regular basis. I love most of my co workers

Cons

Sometimes I don't feel appreciated from management and people who have been there longer feel they are entitled to run the place

Don't put all of the guest complaints on the employees. This property is pretty old, acknowledge that you know that and try to do some updates to show guests that you care.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Embassy Suites (View Most Recent)

Amazing FOM but high stress job and corporate setting not for me.

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Embassy Suites full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is the hospitality industry therefore the managers are all personable, positive, eager, caring people.

Easy to request time off.

Managers make you feel empowered to make decisions.

Cons

At the end of the day it is owned by a corporation and anything corporate says: goes. The bad thing about that is that they can be out of touch with what is going on at the hotel level and just care about the bottom line.

Not fair compensation.

Standing all day.

Work weekends and Holidays when necessary.

Not the best hours.

It is easy to understand that hotels have high turnover rates but it is very unsettling everytime a new GM comes in and tries to change things up. Everyone fears for their jobs.

Great experience!!

Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Embassy Suites full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a great Director of Front Office Operations. He had an open door policy and was always willing to take the time to listen to new ideas and train. This was my first industry job after finishing college and I learned a lot.

Cons

Very selective re-hiring process after 9/11. I was part of the opening team and felt forgotten as if I never worked for the company even after the rebuild. I was very dependable and hard working at my job. My opinion is reflective of the management team at the time and not the company as a whole. Hilton is a great company to work for.

Human resources should be just that - human resources. Employees should not feel that their department heads are in a different league and "above" their fellow team members and colleagues. Providing a respectable and supportive environment for both your external customers and internal customers are equally important.

There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites