www.embassysuites.com

The Black Hole of Your Career

Former Employee - Night Audit in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Night Audit in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Embassy Suites

Pros

Good connection with a very large and wonderful parent company (Hilton Hotels). Wonderful travel discounts that permit you to stay at any Hilton properties at a more cost effective rate. Salary very competitive with the industry.

Cons

This location had absolute zero room for advancement with the company. Communications between employees/managers/departments were non-existent. Annual raises based on performance never exceed $0.20/hr.

Work on your communication skills, do not allow your personal feelings to influence you at work, show interest in the betterment of the careers of those who work for you and establish plans to build their advancement.

109 Other Employee Reviews for Embassy Suites (View Most Recent)

Good place to work with visible and available possibilities for upward mobility

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Norman, OK
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Norman, OK

I have been working at Embassy Suites

Pros

Extremely well run hotel. Managers are accomodating to employees and guests. Overall appreciation of employees which is nice. Lots of task variety. They like to hire from within so all managers know what employees have done because they have done it and the opportunities are visibile and available.

Cons

8 hour shifts can be long, but the task variety makes it go quickly.

none

I have been working at Embassy Suites

Pros

Very flexible environment as well as very good pay with tips. Everyone is very friendly, which makes working there easier.

Cons

Because of the economic downturn, it seems like there has been an overall decrease in the amount of people employed. This results in lots of work needed by a few individuals, as well as an expectation for the quality to remain unchanged by upper management. There is also a lack of training and poor communication between what management wants and what we know. It also seems like there are trust issues and instead of letting a capable individual be in charge of a facet in the company the general manager feels like he must do it all himself.

My advice would be to not have unreal expectations of your employees, it's very hard to expect quality to stay the same when you decrease the amount of employees that you have. However, you are good at keeping the morale up through your "catch me at my best."

There are newer employer reviews for Embassy Suites