There are newer employer reviews for Embree Construction

Micro-Management of the trivial; Complete disregard of the important

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

I have been working at Embree Construction

Pros

Family-oriented atmosphere - they treat everyone great on the personal level.

Cons

Family-oriented atmosphere - too many actual family members and close friends work at the company. Poor performers are rarely let go, and too much perceived bias is present. Management team has been in place for over 25 years with no management experience outside of this company.

Bring in fresh blood at the highest management levels. Remove the conflicts of interest with family members, girl-friends, etc being direct reports of each other. Jim needs to either step completely out of running the company, or be directly involved on a daily basis. His current state of "stepping back" yet still being involved in key decisions has created an atmosphere where nobody wants to make an important decision.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Embree Construction (View Most Recent)

Embree is a well organized entity, making my job much easier.

I have been working at Embree Construction

Pros

Organized, professional, well funded, and quality management.

Cons

They are spread out all over the US.

Family-Style Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

I worked at Embree Construction

Pros

During my time at Embree, I got to know many wonderful people. They have managed to create a unique family-style environment of team members that makes working here better than most other companies. They take good care of the employees with breakfast taco Fridays and mid-week lunches provided for all employees. In the mornings, they provide fruit, cereal, and toast to everyone, and you can grab some fruit to snack on during your breaks. Everyone treated me well and caused me to enjoy waking up each morning to go into work.

Cons

I heard different directions from different higher-ups; it seemed as though they weren't on the same page. It would be nice if the leading staff communicated with one another about its goals and direction for company projects and ideas before sending employees in different directions.

Keep up the positive and motivating work environment, but enhance correspondence with other management leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for Embree Construction