Embree Construction
www.embreegroup.com Georgetown, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Micro-Management of the trivial; Complete disregard of the important

Georgetown, TX

ProsFamily-oriented atmosphere - they treat everyone great on the personal level.

ConsFamily-oriented atmosphere - too many actual family members and close friends work at the company. Poor performers are rarely let go, and too much perceived bias is present. Management team has been in place for over 25 years with no management experience outside of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in fresh blood at the highest management levels. Remove the conflicts of interest with family members, girl-friends, etc being direct reports of each other. Jim needs to either step completely out of running the company, or be directly involved on a daily basis. His current state of "stepping back" yet still being involved in key decisions has created an atmosphere where nobody wants to make an important decision.

Embree is a well organized entity, making my job much easier.

I have been working at Embree Construction

Pros: Organized, professional, well funded, and quality management. Cons: They are spread out all over the US. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Family-Style Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Georgetown, TX

I worked at Embree Construction

Pros: During my time at Embree, I got to know many wonderful people. They have managed to create a unique family-style environment of team members… Cons: I heard different directions from different higher-ups; it seemed as though they weren't on the same page. It would be nice if… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the positive and motivating work environment, but enhance… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Embree Construction.

Worked for Embree Construction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Embree Construction reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Embree Construction CEO Jim Embree. All reviews posted anonymously by Embree Construction employees.