There are newer employer reviews for Emdeon

Forgets about "The Little People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Emdeon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The office location is great. Immediate supervisors are typically very personable and easy to work with. Benefits were outstanding and the amenities were great. There were plenty of opportunities to learn new functions within the departments.

Cons

Upper management and Execs are out of touch with their workforce and tend to let the "little people" suffer so they can have the big salaries and bonuses. If you plan on advancement based on your abilities....go elsewhere. Emdeon is all about who you know and what you've done for them.

Emdeon Response

Sep 15, 2014‎Employee Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We truly value our associates and have made a deliberate effort to make sure that our managers know how to manage people and that our benefits and perks are competitive ... More

96 Other Employee Reviews for Emdeon (View Most Recent)

Worst Company to work For.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Emdeon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Only positive attribute of this company, I have a job.

Cons

Employee's are just a number at Emdeon. There is no personal warmth within this company.
    The focus is on cheap, inexperienced, off-shore resources, and middle tier management that has no idea what they are doing. The company divides and sub divides all areas. So in order to get anything done, you have to involve multiple resources. Nothing is ever simple, and tasks get thrown into a big black hole.

My advise to the CEO, clean up middle management. You have so many unnecessary layers and sub groups, that nothing gets done in a timely manner. It takes an act of congress to accomplish anything positive within this company.
    You have resources that have no business being in the positions they are in. Hiring resources to give direction, with no experience or directive is a set-up for failure. Your recent attempt at increasing communication within the company via Salesforce has become a joke. It has turned into a big gripe session.. how is that positive for any company.
    You need to embrace your resources that are US citizens, they are what built the company and keep it going.

Inexperienced Mgmt, buddy- buddy promotions, backwards growth- Unprofessional

I worked at Emdeon

Pros

Semi-decent medical, dental and vision benefits. Keurig maker in the kitchen.

Cons

Look elsewhere unless you have family or friends in management here. Staff extremely overpaid for the jobs they are doing!! They always run out of coffee!

Unrealistic workload, hiring family members and friends & promoting them over staff who are actually qualified because of friendships with upper management... has caused a downward spiral of morale, trust, professionalism and loyalty within the staff, but favoritism runs high. Backwards growth, no upper mgmt accountability, finger pointing, favoritism, very unhealthy work environment. Re-evaluate staff & their salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Emdeon