There are newer employer reviews for Emdeon

Forgets about "The Little People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Emdeon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The office location is great. Immediate supervisors are typically very personable and easy to work with. Benefits were outstanding and the amenities were great. There were plenty of opportunities to learn new functions within the departments.

Cons

Upper management and Execs are out of touch with their workforce and tend to let the "little people" suffer so they can have the big salaries and bonuses. If you plan on advancement based on your abilities....go elsewhere. Emdeon is all about who you know and what you've done for them.

Emdeon Response

Sep 15, 2014‎Employee Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We truly value our associates and have made a deliberate effort to make sure that our managers know how to manage people and that our benefits and perks are competitive ... More

reviews filtered by

Inexperienced Mgmt, buddy- buddy promotions, backwards growth- Unprofessional

I worked at Emdeon

Pros

Semi-decent medical, dental and vision benefits. Keurig maker in the kitchen.

Cons

Look elsewhere unless you have family or friends in management here. Staff extremely overpaid for the jobs they are doing!! They always run out of coffee!

Unrealistic workload, hiring family members and friends & promoting them over staff who are actually qualified because of friendships with upper management... has caused a downward spiral of morale, trust, professionalism and loyalty within the staff, but favoritism runs high. Backwards growth, no upper mgmt accountability, finger pointing, favoritism, very unhealthy work environment. Re-evaluate staff & their salaries.

Poor communication and involvement of all employees

I have been working at Emdeon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not a lot to count on here. I would say a consistent paycheck, but at the rate of all of the layoffs, that is questionable as well. The healthcare benefit is good here.

Cons

--poor communication for goals of your job and overall company direction
    --many lies told to cover the real status of the company
    --the only ones to benefit here are the ones that suck up to the "right people"
    --very unsafe feeling working here
    --does not promote individual growth and learning opportunities
    --if the employees are management or executive level, you are spoken to condescendingly and not shown any respect
    --lack of ethical people and procedures

My advice is to seek job opportunities elsewhere. This is a dead-end job with a struggling company. The mismanagement and chaotic atmosphere wears you down quickly and robs you of any joy.

Learn and teach respect to all people. It's a business, but it is made of people, and you are not getting the fullest results from the corporation of people if you treat them poorly. Manners go a long way, and this company needs a healthy dose of ethics and manners.

There are newer employer reviews for Emdeon