There are newer employer reviews for Emerald Connect

Grass is Greener

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Emerald Connect

Pros

-Good entry level job
-Decent benefits

Cons

- Poor training
- Sink or swim mentality
- No recognition for innovation(I was told that I was not paid to think, but rather to make phone calls)
- Rigid management
-Low pay (I was 1# in my dept for both years I worked here, and never made more than 55k)
-No loyalty (I was let go due to personality conflicts with V.P. of Sales, who was later laid off himself)

If you view sales people as a commodity that is easily replacable, you will never retain good employees. Good sales people will find greener grass. Shortly after leaving, I accepted a sales position with a company who embraces and empowers my entrepreneurial nature and pays me six figures a year for my contributions. Take it from me, the grass is greener.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Emerald Connect (View Most Recent)

This is not a place for recognition or experience. Don't expect upper management to have your back.

Former Employee - Emerald Employee Number: 000000 in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Emerald Employee Number: 000000 in San Diego, CA

I worked at Emerald Connect

Pros

Great (non-upper management) people
    You will meet people who become your friends that you will never forget
    Flex hours and scheduling

Cons

Everything else.  But to sum it up cleanly:

·   Lack of communication

·   Constant cycle of throwing other colleagues under the bus because of convenience

·   Absolutely no recognition for milestones achieved

·   Denial of achievements on performance reviews

·   Complete lack of professionalism

·   Grim Reaper environment – always watch out for your back, you never know when what you think you’re doing to help the company, you will get backslapped and warned… or you don’t get a warning and get let go.

·   Fairness to employer is greater than fairness to employee – as stated by the president of the company himself at the company-wide staff meeting

·   Stalking HR

·   Lack of competent VPs, but who are somehow successful at suppressing their own employees at succeeding in their own careers

·   Incompetent President who has no self confidence and will take any competition as a PERSONAL threat

·   Absolutely no training involved – a sink-or-swim mentality

I was not from the sales department; I was in a different department.  Whoever is lucky enough to find this site and this review for Emerald Connect, you’ve been warned. As bad as the economy is, keep looking for something else. Because even if you take a position at Emerald, you WILL be miserable, you WILL be uncomfortable, and if you are as unlucky as many, many former employees, Emerald WILL fire you if they find an element to their disliking.  You WILL NOT receive unemployment and will regret you ever put this on your resume.

Keep looking and find another position.

Quit being so arrogant... You need to come back to the future, thats why your competition is burying you to the ground. And guess what? Economy is bad, but quit sticking your nose up in the air. It is not impossible for the good people that do good work to find a better job elsewhere and for better pay. You are not invincible. Take a hint, not offense. Humbleness applies to your personal life AND your work life. And google some of the most successful companies. Take a hint and see how they treat their employees. You always say employees are your biggest asset. Well, then, take care of it. This is all obvious and shouldn't be new to you.

The pay here is terrible

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Emerald Connect

Pros

You don't need a lot of experience to work here. They will hire almost anybody they think might be good at sales and give you a chance.

Cons

The pay sucks. The base salary is low and the commissions are insulting. Even the top guys, who consistently/every month bring in $100,00+ every single month, not ONE of the sales reps makes $100,000+. The TOP sales guys make $75,000 to $85,000 (the lower ranked sales reps earn less) a year even though each one brings in over a million dollars a year in revenue. That's a damned shame.

Oddly enough, some of the people in VP/leadership positions (and DON'T bring in any revenue at ALL) make more than $100,000 a year. I think that is insulting to the sales force. The sales team brings in ALL the money for the company. Emerald doesn't partner with any outside sales firms, their products are not available online or at Target or anything like that. The sales reps have the pressure of bringing in ALL the revenue. Yet there are people who sit back, with none of the pressure the sales force endures, and make more than them.

You're lucky your sales team is too comfortable where they are to look for other work. If they ever realize they can make a LOT more money somewhere else, you guys are screwed.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerald Connect