Emerald Financial Resources

www.emeraldfinancialresources.com

Great place to work and great opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bridgewater, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Plain and simple, this company is an amazing opportunity to make a lot of money in a great work environment. The people are very friendly and all work together, you'll notice that even the salesmen who have more expirience will take the time to advise younger salesmen just to help them get the ball rolling.There is a lot of potential in this job to make money and to keep improving, and there is always the opportunity to do so.

Cons

It is hard work to make a lot of sales, but it is certainly a fair ratio of hard work to success.

There is nothing I would change

Other reviews for Emerald Financial Resources

You will get out of it what you put into it

Current Employee - Financial Services Professional  in  Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Services Professional in Clifton, NJ

Pros

This company definitely isnt for everyone. Unfortunately, many people think that getting into sales is an easy position. They love the positives, unlimited earing potential, making your own hours, and ultimately running your own business. But when people do not do the necessary things to become successful they blame everyone else. When I transitioned out of the stock brokerage business, Emerald Financial Resources promised me that they would educate me and teach me how to build a successful practice. I have been with Emerald for 3 years and can honestly say that they have followed through with it. It upsets me to see people speak negatively about Emerald when the reason they failed is because of themselves and nobody else. I highly recommend this firm to anyone who is motivated and is passionate about helping people grow and protect wealth. If you are looking for a "salary" then you should go look for employment somewhere else. Michael Vesuvio and Michael Trabucco have been honest and followed through with everything they promised and would not want to work for anybody else. Michael Vesuvio invests his time and money in his financial advisors and is always looking for ways to help us develop.

Cons

You will need to work harder then you ever have in your life in the beginning so you can build your practice. If you are not motivated, you will fail.

I would recommend being pickier with who is hired so unmotivated and classless people cannot tarnish the Emerald name.

My career is what I make of it

Current Employee - Director of Business Development  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Emerlad has a very supportive model backed by a strong company for those interested in becoming a Financial Services Professional.

Cons

It is a challenging career that isn't the right fit for everyone.

I began with MassMutual at the Levin Financial Group in Tampa, FL in 2005 and continued with the company working for Emerald Financial Resources since 2009. I have been in a managment role in both organizations and have worked with many of our Financial Representatives introducing them to the career and then training them in areas to help them develop successful practices. In reading the reviews, I see those who are experiencing success and those who failed and/or quit the career. Most of the time if the management finds that the career is not a good fit for the associate, we will recommend that they find a more suitable career. In some instances, associates leave and place blame on us rather than looking at their shortcomings; this is a career that requires hard work, determination and lots of persistence. Those who state they were mislead in the selection process did not listen to the recruiters and managers and did not read the documentation that was given to them to sign during the recruiting process. It is very costly in fees and staff labor hours to recruit and on board new associates therefore it would be extremely counterproductive for us to lie to people to get them to join us when we know they would only quit. We have a rigorous hiring process and our documentation shows any and all fees that the associates may or may not incur, we tell them that they are starting a business for themselves with our support. Associates who begin on a Contract B have no office fees or E&O (practice liability insurance) expenses until they meet their sales goal to begin a Full Time Career Contract which can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months. Once Full-Time, as long as they are on track with our Rising Leaders goals, the expenses are waived except for their E&O coverage and their subsidized health insurance benefits costs. Emerald Financial Resources is a reputable company that cares about and treats our associates fairly and does a lot of good work in our community through the products that we deliver to our clients and our charitable work. We hold many fun events per year that includes the attendance of associates family members which creates a great culture for our team. Its because of these things that we were recognized as one of NJ's Best Places to Work in 2011 and 2012.
    For those interested in looking at a career in the Financial Services Industry, please do not take value in the opinions of a couple of disgruntled ex associates. We have close to 100 associates, most of whom are extremely satisfied with the opportunity that Emerald offers them. We welcome you to speak with us and make determination for yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerald Financial Resources.

Worked for Emerald Financial Resources? Contribute to the Community!