Chemical plant with real potential, but failing in its attempts

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Henry, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Henry, IL

I have been working at Emerald Performance

Pros

The company pay the plant operators well - operator pay is above average due to the fact that it is a chemical plant. Most people at the plant are friendly to work with.

Cons

Office administration pay is poor. Engineering pay is below average. The management team at the plant does not have leadership skills to operate the plant effectively or efficiently. Poor communication. Very few employees are content working there - a large number of employees are looking elsewhere for a better employment opportunity.

The plant needs true leadership. All decisions made at the plant level are made from corporate executives with puppets doing their bidding. The plant manager needs his ego stroked frequently, and there are several that do. The majority of the management team at the plant are deceitful. There needs to be more honesty and much better communications.

Other Reviews for Emerald Performance

terrible

Former Employee - Plant Manager  in  Maple Shade, NJ
    Former Employee - Plant Manager in Maple Shade, NJ

I worked at Emerald Performance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

At CVC, Maple Shade(division of Emerald) working was a pleasure. Good people, very family oriented environment. Growing business every year. People working there were proud of what they are doing. Management was listening to employees concerns. It was a pleasure to work at CVC in Maple shade...

Cons

Emerald as a corporate is the opposite of CVC. Employees are just a number to them. No regards for well being of individuals. Our way or highway. Constant insecurity about job. Changes made with out any concerns to employees. It was the must stressful experience to work for Emerald Performance.

If you want to maintain the integrity of CVC in Maple Shade you need to treat employees with more respect and take deferent outlook how to run customer based operation to be successful in this very competitive business. There will be nothing left of this business in few months for you to sell.

My experience has been very positive. I have gained valuable lab experience and my skills continue to grow as I learn.

Current Employee - R&D Applications Technician  in  Kalama, WA
    Current Employee - R&D Applications Technician in Kalama, WA

I have been working at Emerald Performance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team atmosphere, decent salary, paid holidays, works hard to put qualified people to work.

Cons

Not an equal balance between the safety training versus the technical training. Not enough vacation days and I do not hear a lot of feedback as far as my work performance is concerned. When I do get evaluated every now and then, I do not always understand what I am being evaluated for. The money is okay but could really be better. It is difficult to get permission to travel for something, such as attending a conference or a course on something related to my work, which would be very beneficial. Even getting the company to pay for a webinar where I could learn new skills that would be greatly beneficial is equivalent to twisting an arm. I have to jump through hoops to travel to another state for a few days while others get to travel to other countries with no worries. When our new lab was built, the engineers neglected to plumb the water lines in our fume hoods, which means they are not fully functional. Nothing was done about it until I complained several times to my supervisor. I honestly do not believe it would have ever been fixed had I not been forced to remind people of it now and then. It finally got fixed after almost a full year where, during that time, we did not have fully functional fume hoods.

There needs to be more work put into the technical training aspect. The safety training is covered in great depth. Provide more positive feedback to individual employees rather than to the company as a whole. As far as spending goes, I do not believe we should be forced to jump through hoops to get what we need in order to do our jobs, whether it is buying a new piece of lab equipment or paying someone to come in and fix our machines. There needs to be more wiggle room for other employees, such as technicians and engineers to travel, learn new skills, and get our name out there to other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Emerald Performance.

Worked for Emerald Performance? Contribute to the Community!