Emergency Medical Associates

www.ema-ed.com

Scribe (CIM) position

Clinical Information Manager (Current Employee) Lumberton, NC

ProsGood learning experience especially if you are a student. You get exposure to all types of emergencies and learn more about the treatments and diagnoses associated with various signs/symptoms. You get great experience using medical terminology correctly and you'll be awesome at charting and being thorough if you decide to pursue other medical careers. Also, you get to watch procedures, examinations, and other interesting things.

ConsIt can be stressful at times, and there are definitely shifts where I only have time to take a 5-10 minute break for the entire 12 hours. You can't plan on getting off on time, either. It can also be difficult sometimes switching between and memorizing the way each specific doctor likes their charting to be done. Lastly, you'll learn that there are a few doctors out of the many you will be charting for that can be difficult to work with - some of them can be rude to the staff at times and create chaos when things get busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't really have any ideas on things that need to be improved. I guess it might be nice if we were to get more feedback on our performance and what we can improve upon.

No room for growth

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates

Pros: Nice atmosphere with gun coworkers Cons: pay and lack of response from upper management Advice to Senior Management: better to work for a larger company where you can grow and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

Lead Clinical Information Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Emergency Medical Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros: New employee training was great, 2 weeks in a classroom and a week on site. Everyone was really helpful. Benefits are decent, pay… Cons: Not much room for personal growth. There was a limit to how far someone can go without certain degrees,… Advice to Senior Management: Share more information with your employees who are not in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Emergency Medical Associates.

Worked for Emergency Medical Associates? Contribute to the Community!