There are newer employer reviews for Emergency Medical Associates

Scribe (CIM) position

Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager  in  Lumberton, NC
Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Lumberton, NC

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good learning experience especially if you are a student. You get exposure to all types of emergencies and learn more about the treatments and diagnoses associated with various signs/symptoms. You get great experience using medical terminology correctly and you'll be awesome at charting and being thorough if you decide to pursue other medical careers. Also, you get to watch procedures, examinations, and other interesting things.

Cons

It can be stressful at times, and there are definitely shifts where I only have time to take a 5-10 minute break for the entire 12 hours. You can't plan on getting off on time, either. It can also be difficult sometimes switching between and memorizing the way each specific doctor likes their charting to be done. Lastly, you'll learn that there are a few doctors out of the many you will be charting for that can be difficult to work with - some of them can be rude to the staff at times and create chaos when things get busy.

I don't really have any ideas on things that need to be improved. I guess it might be nice if we were to get more feedback on our performance and what we can improve upon.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Emergency Medical Associates (View Most Recent)

No room for growth

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates

Pros

Nice atmosphere with gun coworkers

Cons

pay and lack of response from upper management

better to work for a larger company where you can grow and be compensated more appropriately for hard work and bringing in more business.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Lead Clinical Information Manager
    Former Employee - Lead Clinical Information Manager

I worked at Emergency Medical Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

New employee training was great, 2 weeks in a classroom and a week on site. Everyone was really helpful. Benefits are decent, pay is good. Providers are all incredible. Flexible scheduling, paid vacation and sick time were all great to have. The referral bonus was nice.

Cons

Not much room for personal growth. There was a limit to how far someone can go without certain degrees, regardless of work experience or length of time with the company. Not much information shared with employees about upcoming sites.

Share more information with your employees who are not in management please!

There are newer employer reviews for Emergency Medical Associates

Worked for Emergency Medical Associates? Contribute to the Community!