Emergency Medical Associates

There are newer employer reviews for Emergency Medical Associates

Scribe (CIM) position

Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Lumberton, NC
Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Lumberton, NC

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good learning experience especially if you are a student. You get exposure to all types of emergencies and learn more about the treatments and diagnoses associated with various signs/symptoms. You get great experience using medical terminology correctly and you'll be awesome at charting and being thorough if you decide to pursue other medical careers. Also, you get to watch procedures, examinations, and other interesting things.

Cons

It can be stressful at times, and there are definitely shifts where I only have time to take a 5-10 minute break for the entire 12 hours. You can't plan on getting off on time, either. It can also be difficult sometimes switching between and memorizing the way each specific doctor likes their charting to be done. Lastly, you'll learn that there are a few doctors out of the many you will be charting for that can be difficult to work with - some of them can be rude to the staff at times and create chaos when things get busy.

I don't really have any ideas on things that need to be improved. I guess it might be nice if we were to get more feedback on our performance and what we can improve upon.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Emergency Medical Associates (View Most Recent)

No room for growth

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates

Pros

Nice atmosphere with gun coworkers

Cons

pay and lack of response from upper management

better to work for a larger company where you can grow and be compensated more appropriately for hard work and bringing in more business.

Excellent so far

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates

Pros

Fairness, good compensation, they expect a high standard of professionalism and work performance

Cons

Can be difficult to maintain performance standards across all aspects.

Continue to treat employees fairly. Keep in mind that numbers do not tell the whole story.

There are newer employer reviews for Emergency Medical Associates