There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Emeritus is honestly a great place to work! Sometimes the paperwork is a little much...but really a great company!

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

Emeritus is a huge company with huge opportunities for growth and advancement. It's a rewarding place to work and they offer great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes the paper trail can get to you...but it's only for the best interests of everyone. They like to have meetings as well. I've worked a lot of places and this is by far the best!

Sometimes management needs to remember what it was like on the floor...but they also have a lot of things to do...so I guess I would recomend some balance.

259 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Pretty good job will update you

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

Wonderful managment
    I could not ask for a better boss

Cons

Work with some very unreliable co workers
    But i guess you get that at any place you work they never last long

Emotionally and physically draining

Former Employee - Executive Director
    Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

The residents and their families. That is why the majority of us are in Senior Living. The Residents Aides are there because they LOVE what they and do without them Emeritus would be done!!

Cons

Majority of the regional teams haven't a clue what happens in their "communities". Some depend on ADO's to lessen the load but more often they are a former RDO or RDSM who couldn't cut it in their position so they took a demotion to keep their job. It is impossible to to connect with a regional person (unless you have serious regulatory issues then the whole company shows up). If you have a month where you don't meet the 9-5-3 and can't cover your outs, your told to quit spending, especially in dining services, your are told to reduce labor hours and send staff home. I have knowledge of some communities raising their level of care so high you'd think you entered a very posh SNF all for a bigger buck. Emeritus needs to revisit and start living by it's "FAMILY VALUES". The level of deceit and moral degradation is unacceptable but yet is "The Emeritus Way". After being at Emeritus I now that I will never allow my parents to be in assited living regardless of its owned by.

Mr. Batey - They are ruining what you worked so hard to create. To repeat was mentioned in a previous post - You have/had some of the brightest people in the industry working for you at the community level and many have been fired due to the deceit from corporate level team members; these corporate team members value their success' and job security above all others and do lie and falisify about events that may draw attention towards their lack of skills and inability to do their jobs.
    Granger Cobb hasn't a clue as to what's happening and quite frankly I don't think he or anyone else in Seattle cares. But if someone doesn't start caring soon it won't matter because someother company will be buying up the Emeritus communities.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!