Emeritus is honestly a great place to work! Sometimes the paperwork is a little much...but really a great company!

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

Emeritus is a huge company with huge opportunities for growth and advancement. It's a rewarding place to work and they offer great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes the paper trail can get to you...but it's only for the best interests of everyone. They like to have meetings as well. I've worked a lot of places and this is by far the best!

Sometimes management needs to remember what it was like on the floor...but they also have a lot of things to do...so I guess I would recomend some balance.

Other Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Emotionally and physically draining

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

The residents and their families. That is why the majority of us are in Senior Living. The Residents Aides are there because they LOVE what they and do without them Emeritus would be done!!

Cons

Majority of the regional teams haven't a clue what happens in their "communities". Some depend on ADO's to lessen the load but more often they are a former RDO or RDSM who couldn't cut it in their position so they took a demotion to keep their job. It is impossible to to connect with a regional person (unless you have serious regulatory issues then the whole company shows up). If you have a month where you don't meet the 9-5-3 and can't cover your outs, your told to quit spending, especially in dining services, your are told to reduce labor hours and send staff home. I have knowledge of some communities raising their level of care so high you'd think you entered a very posh SNF all for a bigger buck. Emeritus needs to revisit and start living by it's "FAMILY VALUES". The level of deceit and moral degradation is unacceptable but yet is "The Emeritus Way". After being at Emeritus I now that I will never allow my parents to be in assited living regardless of its owned by.

Mr. Batey - They are ruining what you worked so hard to create. To repeat was mentioned in a previous post - You have/had some of the brightest people in the industry working for you at the community level and many have been fired due to the deceit from corporate level team members; these corporate team members value their success' and job security above all others and do lie and falisify about events that may draw attention towards their lack of skills and inability to do their jobs.
    Granger Cobb hasn't a clue as to what's happening and quite frankly I don't think he or anyone else in Seattle cares. But if someone doesn't start caring soon it won't matter because someother company will be buying up the Emeritus communities.

The working experience was horrible- over worked and under appreciated!

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

The ability to help the senior community

Cons

The corporate hierarchy look down on the front line management & working staff. The almighty dollar is the reason for keeping the doors open. The corporate CEO's emphasis is that all frontline management are expendable and if these people are not willing to conform to our companies "unethical" practice's..,then we will find someone who is. The level of deceit and moral degradation in this company is the mainstay core values for which it operates.

There have been several valuable front line management level employees that have been discharged due to deceit from corporate level management team members; these corp. employees value their own success and job security above all others and are willing to falsify if not out-right lie about events that may cast questionable attention towards their lack of management and support of their front line core management. In other words..,the company's success in the industry should be directed at support of the individual facilities and assisting the staff and management with "day to day" operations other than directing your attention at why the corporate regional management is not bringing in the numbers/dollars!

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!