Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
  www.brookdale.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Very Frustrating dealing with an ED who was dishonest, two faced, and needed to be in Memory Care herself.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

The best reasons to work at Emeritus is the residents. I love Seniors and although my hands were tied on many issues, the residents were always appreciative of my efforts. I will miss them greatly!

Cons

Management was dishonest in the interview process about job description, pay scale, hours, and budget constraints. There was no sence of urgency to fix any problems in the community including mechanical issues that were a safety hazzard to our residents. Everything was predicated on a showstring budget even though the residents were paying dearly for services not rendered. Because of lack of discipline in daily processes, our management was always putting out fires, passing the blame to the employees rather than management taking responsibility for bad management.

Make some surprise visits to this community. When the residents tell you there are problems, don't assume that they are just seniors and do not know what they are talking about. Stop micro-managing your staff. Either you trust them in their positions or you don't. Treat your employees with the same respsect that you would want. Respect is earned not demanded.

278 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Disappointed with my experience at Emeritus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

-Promotions are easy to obtain.
    -Little to no structure or guidelines (as far as how you do your job), so there is a lot of autonomy.

Cons

- Because it's easy to obtain promotions there are a lot of inept managers.
    - Pay is considerably lower compared to similar jobs in Seattle (hence why they promote from within rather than hire from the outside).
    - The benefits offered are embarrassingly bad (unless you're a VP or higher).
    - Nepotism amongst executives and upper management.

Advice to Executives:
    - Your work force reflects the amount of resources you put into them. Free pop/ bagels and deck parties in place of real compensation has spawned low productivity and a large group of under achievers. This will continue to be the case now that the economy is getting better and there are more options.
    -Stock options/bonuses shouldn't be given when the company continues to have such poor earnings.

Awful company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, FL

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

I worked with some wonderful people and the residents are great!

Cons

Low pay, high staff turn around, terrible benifits! The 'Our Family is Committed to Yours' slogan is a bunch of BS, they don't care if you are sick and need a day off, and they are always cutting hours.

Treat your employees with respect!

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living