Emeritus Senior Living

www.emeritus.com

Very Frustrating dealing with an ED who was dishonest, two faced, and needed to be in Memory Care herself.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Buford, GA

ProsThe best reasons to work at Emeritus is the residents. I love Seniors and although my hands were tied on many issues, the residents were always appreciative of my efforts. I will miss them greatly!

ConsManagement was dishonest in the interview process about job description, pay scale, hours, and budget constraints. There was no sence of urgency to fix any problems in the community including mechanical issues that were a safety hazzard to our residents. Everything was predicated on a showstring budget even though the residents were paying dearly for services not rendered. Because of lack of discipline in daily processes, our management was always putting out fires, passing the blame to the employees rather than management taking responsibility for bad management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some surprise visits to this community. When the residents tell you there are problems, don't assume that they are just seniors and do not know what they are talking about. Stop micro-managing your staff. Either you trust them in their positions or you don't. Treat your employees with the same respsect that you would want. Respect is earned not demanded.

Great company culture, okay opportunity for advancement & development.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros: -Great company culture includes deck parties (drinks provided), weekly free raffles for sport tickets -Building is near Seattle… Cons: -Poor parking options. -Difficult to advance to more "white collar" positions. -Not allowed to discuss… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Too Bottom Line Driven, Disconnected Senior management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros: -Rewarding -Opportunity to work with other passionate people -Low pay helps control… Cons: - Pay is very poor - Regional opportunities are generally hired out externally creating a vast seperation of realities between the company and the communities. -Important information… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees and residents, times are competitive but being so bottom line driven will just lead to poor service, poor employees,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!