Emeritus Senior Living
www.emeritus.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Disappointed with Emeritus

Resident Assistant (Current Employee)
Snohomish, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe residents and their families.

Cons-Management and RCD are very unprofessional.
-Money matters more then the care
-They have housekeeping, cooks, activities and a maintenance person but expect the caregivers to do it all.Which takes the focus away from the most important thing which is the CARE.
-Terrible benefits
-The Dept. Heads seem to be able to do whatever they want and are always talking about a "budget" which worries the residents (again very unprofessional).

Advice to Senior Management-Spend less time taking breaks and focus on the issues that matter
-Treat your employees with respect
-Always always put the interest of the residents FIRST.
-Replacing Management would help.
-GOODLUCK.

Very Frustrating dealing with an ED who was dishonest, two faced, and needed to be in Memory Care herself.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Buford, GA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros: The best reasons to work at Emeritus is the residents. I love Seniors and although my hands… Cons: Management was dishonest in the interview process about job description, pay scale, hours, and budget constraints. There was no sence of urgency to fix any… Advice to Senior Management: Make some surprise visits to this community. When the residents tell you there are problems, don't assume that they are just seniors and do not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Awful company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Englewood, FL

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros: I worked with some wonderful people and the residents are… Cons: Low pay, high staff turn around, terrible benifits! The 'Our Family is Committed to Yours' slogan is a bunch… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emeritus Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emeritus Senior Living CEO Granger Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by Emeritus Senior Living employees.