There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

I was a opening cook for them.

Current Employee - Cook in Niles, MI
Current Employee - Cook in Niles, MI

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working with the elderly.

Cons

No time off, never had enough employees. Too demanding.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and their lives outside Emeritus. If there is a issue you deal with the problem instead of brushing the problem under the rug hoping it goes away.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

I feel ashamed to work for this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time

Pros

The benefits if you're full time, aren't bad, IF you can afford them on the lousy wages. Staff members, despite overall being unhappy, are kind and warm hearted to residents and family, and actually display quite well, the family values Emeritus goes on and on about. They really are good values, and the residents are appreciative of staff and their efforts.

Cons

The residents' biggest complaint is the food it seems. It's not the cooks' fault, it's all they have to work with. The menu is terrible. Especially the evening meal. AL staff spends the biggest part of their work shift in the dining room. They are servers with walkie talkies. And when they are gone from the dining room taking calls, the ONE official dining room server gets left with ALL the work. That's not right. Management doesn't step up and help during these stressful times, which isn't a very good example of teamwork, a theme they really push. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Poor training program. New hires should be trained for way more time than they are given. The tasks of each department/shift vary and one shift is not enough to remember how to do everything on it. The amount of training time should be doubled, easily. Management does not take responsibility, but puts more work on employees. Let's not fix the problem, lets put a band-aid on it, sort of thing. To be honest, I'm afraid to have my phone on, because I'll get called to cover a shift for some jerk who didn't show up. AGAIN. Doesn't seem like no-call-no-shows get properly disciplined either. THAT is unacceptable. Management doesn't step in to help then either. RCD has broken SO many rules and mistreated and threatened staff. Nothing gets done about that either. The overall vibe of the staff is that they are happy in the jobs that they do, but unhappy with their pay and treatment, and the lack of other staff to depend on. I don't actually know anyone who likes working here. :(

Advice to Management

How about listening to your employees' and residents' complaints and instead of just brushing them under the rug, do something about it! Results speak louder than your empty words.

they are all about making money and don't pay attention to what is actually goes on in the communities.

Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Reno, NV

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the residents they are the only reason to return everyday, when you can put a smile on just one persons face that makes it all worth it when you can make a difference in there lives.

Cons

the corporation just doesn't get what it takes and the time it takes to truly care for a resident, and give them the proper care that they need.

Advice to Management

that is a joke. unless you know someone or kiss some ass or just sleep to your way to the top. hard work just doesn't cut it in this company. very sad!