Emeritus Senior Living
www.emeritus.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Not a "family" I'd want to be a part of!

(Former Employee)
Bennington, VT

ProsI loved my residents and will miss them dearly! I did become good friends with some of the staff and will continue to keep in touch with them.

ConsShould have known from the start that this place was trouble when one of the managers was FINALLY let go for discriminating against applicants and unprofessional behavior. Came to work one day and my desk was gone. No explanation, just all my things on the floor. Management said they thought I shouldn't have a desk anyway (or email address!). There is a lot of gossip and hearsay and management listens to it and accuses everyone of this and that. Very unprofessional and childish. Employees are treated disrespectfully and talked down to. We all were busting our butt at an understaffed and overly stressful community and were constantly dumped on with negative feedback. Nothing positive was said. When you try to reason with them, they say that you just can't take criticism!

Some of us weren't allowed the resources to do our jobs correctly. I was hired in a management position under the guise of an assistant so they would have to pay me less and give me less responsibility and privileges. I still had to do all the extra work! Was told that I didn't have time to do my planning while I was on the clock. Pathetic. The ones they are really hurting are the residents, who are paying WAY too much for what they receive.

This company is all about patting themselves on the back and about the $$$$$$. They need to stop caring so much about what they look like to outsiders and start worrying about their staff if they view them as "family".

Advice to Senior ManagementEnough with the corny emails, meetings, conference calls, etc... Ya'll are wasting precious time that could be spent making a difference in the lives of these wonderful residents. Start showing your employees some RESPECT.

This is a well run outfit.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Casselberry, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: They have a good staff. Cons: There are none noted yet. Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. More

Good for learning, but the employees are overworked

Wait Staff (Former Employee)
    Voorhees, NJ

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great place to learn different tasks, and the people are… Cons: Staff is overworked, generally are not trained formally, and are… Advice to Senior Management: Use better HR practices. Hire more people who can advise on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emeritus Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emeritus Senior Living CEO Granger Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by Emeritus Senior Living employees.