Emeritus Senior Living
www.emeritus.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Little support from Regional/Corporate Team

Executive Director (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsEmeritus has excellent sales training. The approach to dementia care is fantastic. Emeritus will put in money to renovate their properties.

ConsEmeritus is more focused on the bottom line than resident care. Trainings revolve around sales and require all staff to participate. There is much less of a focus on service delivery. Caregiver ratios are low and so are caregiver salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sales training is excellent but I would take the time to see how many referrals are actually coming from friends. There needs to be less of a focus on "how can we prevent lawsuits" and more of focus on "what will be best for the residents."

HR Generalist

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great team. Work with a group of talented, smart and outgoing professionals. Exposure to a variety of employee… Cons: No comments at this time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You need a big heart to work here. It is extremely dealing for the pay. CLIENTS ARE CONVELESANT NOT ASSISTED LIVING.

Resident Assistant (Former Employee)
    South Windsor, CT

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I enjoyed the residents and loved helping them. Cons: No raise in over 2 years. Constant change in management and executive director and each change things drastically. This is not only difficult for the workers..but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emeritus Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emeritus Senior Living CEO Granger Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by Emeritus Senior Living employees.