There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Horrible Managment, ignores nurses doing drugs and stealing medication

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Morristown, TN
Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Morristown, TN

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice job if you love helping others but not a job for just anyone Small raise every year based on preformance.

Cons

Poor managment Nurses stealing and Doing drugs Neglects clients Horrible benifits Not enough staff to properly care for clients It might not be like that at all facilities but I was at the one I worked for.

Advice to Management

Please change the way you manage your facilities. Stop turning a blind eye to abuse and neglect.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Employees are a number and the Residents are simply seen as a commodity.

Current Employee - CNA in Snohomish, WA
    Current Employee - CNA in Snohomish, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with residents is always rewarding and puts a smile on your face, they have great stories to share, and love having someone to share them with.

Cons

Poorly staffed, even in units with many high risk residents. Cut down the hours so there is only one housekeeper, and it is often the cook, or a caregiver. For months at a time there has been no housekeeper. Wages are below standard. You never see the management, especially if you work NOC shift. Since there is only one person working in each facility during the night, if a resident falls and you cannot assist them up with the hoyer, the resident may be sitting on the floor for hours waiting for another caregiver from another unit to come help you lift them. You are not allowed to call 911 unless there is a head injury or bleeding. When new residents are admitted, there are often no records or medical information, and if there is any it is not accurate, and takes many weeks of complaining by employees before it is corrected. There are residents who are hospice or are very ill, and have very specific foods they can only eat, but the fridge is rarely filled with those foods. There is rarely any fruit or vegetables available to give them, and often all there is available is simply toast and hot chocolate. The refrigerator itself, is also in poor condition and is old, so it will become warm, and must be reset. It was not like this a few years ago, I have worked here for seven years, and the problems have become increasingly worse. Management is also quick to throw you under the bus to save themselves, if they feel like they are threatened by you, because you are complaining about issues they may get closed down for if you report them further, they will let you go. Also, they will let you go if you ask to use your vacation pay and its inconvenient for them, so they can hire someone else. You will be let go without vacation or anything else you have accrued.

Advice to Management

Listen to the complaints about the facility it is in the residents best interest. The reason we are here is to take care of the people who live here, they aren't a paycheck, their families are entrusting us to take care of them, and look after them. They are human beings, we could all be in their position one day.

sociopath playground

Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

This company is ran by sociopaths. Why do you think the turover at the community level is so high? It's obvious that middle management would rather throw community level employees under the bus, rather than be accountable for poor decisions or lack of oversight. On every occasion that the regional team or the VP team visited my community, they were cold and unfriendly toward residents, families and employees.

Advice to Management

Decrease turnover at the community level and increase turnover at the middle management level. Take a very close look at things: THE REASON THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO ACCEPT HIGH-ACCUITY, INAPPROPRIATE, QUICK-TURNOVER RESIDENTS IS BECAUSE YOUR COMMUNITIES SUFFER AND FAMILIES ARE DISSATISFIED. Why are families dissatisfied? The list is HUGE. Middle management: There's nothing really I can say, you're all sociopaths, and it's completely untreatable. Upper management: Shame on your lack of oversight. Start using your PCards for travel to the COMMUNITY, not the division office, and do some real discovery of what goes on, instead buying drinks and dinner for your sociopathic friends.