Emeritus Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

sociopath playground

Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

This company is ran by sociopaths. Why do you think the turover at the community level is so high? It's obvious that middle management would rather throw community level employees under the bus, rather than be accountable for poor decisions or lack of oversight. On every occasion that the regional team or the VP team visited my community, they were cold and unfriendly toward residents, families and employees.

Decrease turnover at the community level and increase turnover at the middle management level. Take a very close look at things: THE REASON THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO ACCEPT HIGH-ACCUITY, INAPPROPRIATE, QUICK-TURNOVER RESIDENTS IS BECAUSE YOUR COMMUNITIES SUFFER AND FAMILIES ARE DISSATISFIED. Why are families dissatisfied? The list is HUGE. Middle management: There's nothing really I can say, you're all sociopaths, and it's completely untreatable. Upper management: Shame on your lack of oversight. Start using your PCards for travel to the COMMUNITY, not the division office, and do some real discovery of what goes on, instead buying drinks and dinner for your sociopathic friends.

295 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Disappointing Pay Increase

Current Employee - Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The residents - working at community level truly feels like a second family.

Cons

Pay raises are extremely small, you would be lucky to get 2 to 2.5%,,,,,,which breaks down to 0.20 - 0.30/hour. Community Management Level employees receive the same type of pay increase. Reviews are done and placed in your file without being given to the employee. Work load continues to increase and change without notice.

Yes, it is a business.....but live your family values that are regularly discussed. Our family is commited to yours does not come from Regional and Corporate down to the community. Regional and Corporate people need to commuincate more efficiently. Multiple directions from each Regional department is not successful and causes resentment after a while. Take into consideration the regular workload, the actiivities that other Regional/Corporate level staff give before demanding your desires. Working in this industry should be more than what your bonus might be at the end of the month.

Little support from Regional/Corporate Team

Former Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Emeritus has excellent sales training. The approach to dementia care is fantastic. Emeritus will put in money to renovate their properties.

Cons

Emeritus is more focused on the bottom line than resident care. Trainings revolve around sales and require all staff to participate. There is much less of a focus on service delivery. Caregiver ratios are low and so are caregiver salaries.

The sales training is excellent but I would take the time to see how many referrals are actually coming from friends. There needs to be less of a focus on "how can we prevent lawsuits" and more of focus on "what will be best for the residents."

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living