There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

sociopath playground

Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Executive Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely none. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

This company is ran by sociopaths. Why do you think the turover at the community level is so high? It's obvious that middle management would rather throw community level employees under the bus, rather than be accountable for poor decisions or lack of oversight. On every occasion that the regional team or the VP team visited my community, they were cold and unfriendly toward residents, families and employees.

Decrease turnover at the community level and increase turnover at the middle management level. Take a very close look at things: THE REASON THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO ACCEPT HIGH-ACCUITY, INAPPROPRIATE, QUICK-TURNOVER RESIDENTS IS BECAUSE YOUR COMMUNITIES SUFFER AND FAMILIES ARE DISSATISFIED. Why are families dissatisfied? The list is HUGE. Middle management: There's nothing really I can say, you're all sociopaths, and it's completely untreatable. Upper management: Shame on your lack of oversight. Start using your PCards for travel to the COMMUNITY, not the division office, and do some real discovery of what goes on, instead buying drinks and dinner for your sociopathic friends.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Little support from Regional/Corporate Team

Former Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Emeritus has excellent sales training. The approach to dementia care is fantastic. Emeritus will put in money to renovate their properties.

Cons

Emeritus is more focused on the bottom line than resident care. Trainings revolve around sales and require all staff to participate. There is much less of a focus on service delivery. Caregiver ratios are low and so are caregiver salaries.

The sales training is excellent but I would take the time to see how many referrals are actually coming from friends. There needs to be less of a focus on "how can we prevent lawsuits" and more of focus on "what will be best for the residents."

You need a big heart to work here. It is extremely dealing for the pay. CLIENTS ARE CONVELESANT NOT ASSISTED LIVING.

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in South Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in South Windsor, CT

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the residents and loved helping them.

Cons

No raise in over 2 years.
    Constant change in management and executive director and each change things drastically. This is not only difficult for the workers..but the residents especially. Worked for company in South Windsor CT and the work enviroment and care provided to residents verses what was promised to families was horrific.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living