There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

The company needs to look at all there facitlys

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Fredericksburg, VA
Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Could be a good place to work.

Cons

Not enough staff to take care of residents and there demands.allways trying to put other peoples work on the ones that will work and really care about the jobs they do.never making sure there is enough staff so when they are short of help there is covarage.And they would wheather work short then pay overtime. The residents pay good money to be there so the company needs to make sure there comming first.And by looking at this site it looks like alot of employees are not happy with working conditions.

If i ran one of these places i would make sure there was enough help to take care of residents needs and the people i had working did there own jobs and not trying to put there work on everyone elese.
i would really want to keep the employees that did there jobs and really cared about the residents not just putting up a front to look good.And i think there should be more incetives for employees and i think mangement of some of these places need to be checked on because they threaten to write people up all the time but do not want to help out when they are short it is all talk

reviews filtered by

Worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents are wonderful - no other pros

Cons

Management is pitiful along with the RCD - its like working for a cult.

What management????

I Have never seen a company so poorly ran!!!!!!

Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The only pros at this company is the fact that you get to work with seniors!!!! They are the reason you should be there if you want a job with this company, and that is the only pro!!!

Cons

This company is never willing to actually do the job they need to do. The point of a senior living facility is to provide them with the best care, and all this company cares about is the dollar signs. The staffing is horrible and they should be shut down for the poor care they are providing! They won't even let our building buy the things we need for the residents. The ED, BOD, LED, and CRDs in our building do nothing but care about themselves. They could careless what happens to the residents and their families, or the line staff. They only care about themselves and what they look like that day, and what they are going to wear to work the next day and where they are going to go out to eat that night....If they would just help out instead of complaing about how terrible the staff is, maybe they would realize just how hard they work every day!!! I'm not sure why they wonder why we can't keep staff in the building!!??!? They only pay 8$ and hour and give terrible raises!!! And the work is so hard because of being so understaffed!!!. I would suggest you loook at what this company is doing to the residents and employees before you ever move your loved one into one of these buildings!!!!!

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are truly happy with that is happening in your buildings...And if you can sleep at night knowing that your residents do not have the care they are promised or need then there is something seriously wrong with you!!! Help out your staff, tell them thank you or good job every once in awhile, and mean it!!!!!!! Also stop treating everyone like crap and treat them like human beings!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living