Emeritus Senior Living
www.emeritus.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

I Have never seen a company so poorly ran!!!!!!

Dietary Staff (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

ProsThe only pros at this company is the fact that you get to work with seniors!!!! They are the reason you should be there if you want a job with this company, and that is the only pro!!!

ConsThis company is never willing to actually do the job they need to do. The point of a senior living facility is to provide them with the best care, and all this company cares about is the dollar signs. The staffing is horrible and they should be shut down for the poor care they are providing! They won't even let our building buy the things we need for the residents. The ED, BOD, LED, and CRDs in our building do nothing but care about themselves. They could careless what happens to the residents and their families, or the line staff. They only care about themselves and what they look like that day, and what they are going to wear to work the next day and where they are going to go out to eat that night....If they would just help out instead of complaing about how terrible the staff is, maybe they would realize just how hard they work every day!!! I'm not sure why they wonder why we can't keep staff in the building!!??!? They only pay 8$ and hour and give terrible raises!!! And the work is so hard because of being so understaffed!!!. I would suggest you loook at what this company is doing to the residents and employees before you ever move your loved one into one of these buildings!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in the mirror and ask yourself if you are truly happy with that is happening in your buildings...And if you can sleep at night knowing that your residents do not have the care they are promised or need then there is something seriously wrong with you!!! Help out your staff, tell them thank you or good job every once in awhile, and mean it!!!!!!! Also stop treating everyone like crap and treat them like human beings!!!!!

The worst job I have EVER had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros: I met a lot of great people, fellow employees who struggled to… Cons: 100% profit focused to the detriment of the family members… Advice to Senior Management: I wouldn't possibly know where to start No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Employment outlook

Executive Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: With the growth of the industry and the subsequent growth… Cons: Growth is outpacing ability to maintain culture and quality standards Advice to Senior Management: Get systems and standards in place in existing facilities prior to undertaking other opportunities. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Emeritus Senior Living.

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emeritus Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Emeritus Senior Living CEO Granger Cobb. All reviews posted anonymously by Emeritus Senior Living employees.