Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
  www.brookdale.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents are wonderful - no other pros

Cons

Management is pitiful along with the RCD - its like working for a cult.

What management????

280 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

I Have never seen a company so poorly ran!!!!!!

Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The only pros at this company is the fact that you get to work with seniors!!!! They are the reason you should be there if you want a job with this company, and that is the only pro!!!

Cons

This company is never willing to actually do the job they need to do. The point of a senior living facility is to provide them with the best care, and all this company cares about is the dollar signs. The staffing is horrible and they should be shut down for the poor care they are providing! They won't even let our building buy the things we need for the residents. The ED, BOD, LED, and CRDs in our building do nothing but care about themselves. They could careless what happens to the residents and their families, or the line staff. They only care about themselves and what they look like that day, and what they are going to wear to work the next day and where they are going to go out to eat that night....If they would just help out instead of complaing about how terrible the staff is, maybe they would realize just how hard they work every day!!! I'm not sure why they wonder why we can't keep staff in the building!!??!? They only pay 8$ and hour and give terrible raises!!! And the work is so hard because of being so understaffed!!!. I would suggest you loook at what this company is doing to the residents and employees before you ever move your loved one into one of these buildings!!!!!

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are truly happy with that is happening in your buildings...And if you can sleep at night knowing that your residents do not have the care they are promised or need then there is something seriously wrong with you!!! Help out your staff, tell them thank you or good job every once in awhile, and mean it!!!!!!! Also stop treating everyone like crap and treat them like human beings!!!!!

Employment outlook

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

With the growth of the industry and the subsequent growth of the company it allows employees the opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Growth is outpacing ability to maintain culture and quality standards

Get systems and standards in place in existing facilities prior to undertaking other opportunities. Human capital and resources spread too far and it is detrimental to overall quality standards.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living