Emeritus Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

I love what I do!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid to work with Seniors, do the right thing everyday making a difference in peoples lives and living by the philosphy "Safely Somewhere" which means we will go visit Seniors still living at home to make sure they are safe, have meals, medications and help lined up if they need it. It is a very rewarding career! They also provide opportunities for growth if you are looking for it. It doesn't matter if you are a caregiver or housekeeper so will give you training and support!

Cons

I work long hours- but I choose to because I enjoy what I do so much! It is more like a calling than a job.

Continue to stand behind your committment to our Residents of "Our Family is Comitted to Yours" as our residents come first! And encouraging us all to live by the golden rule of doing to others as we would like done to us! If some employees don't believe this or think it isn't being done this is not due to management standing in your way it is because you are not doing it and are looking for someone to blame.

282 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

I was relieved when I gave my resignation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with seniors is my passion, I am working on my degree so I can do it for the rest of my life. I enjoyed all of the training, the nursing staff was so friendly, and I felt good that I could make a difference in the life of seniors. Emeritus has strong values and I would try my very hardest to follow those everyday of my employment.

Cons

Drama between departments
    No employee of the month, no recognition or appreciation for hard work
    Disorganization, poor communication

Upper management, they treat everyone below them very poor. Team work was hard to find between the departments. Department heads need a reality check, stop acting like children and get along.
    Start recognizing the employees who work just as hard.

The company needs to look at all there facitlys

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Could be a good place to work.

Cons

Not enough staff to take care of residents and there demands.allways trying to put other peoples work on the ones that will work and really care about the jobs they do.never making sure there is enough staff so when they are short of help there is covarage.And they would wheather work short then pay overtime. The residents pay good money to be there so the company needs to make sure there comming first.And by looking at this site it looks like alot of employees are not happy with working conditions.

If i ran one of these places i would make sure there was enough help to take care of residents needs and the people i had working did there own jobs and not trying to put there work on everyone elese.
    i would really want to keep the employees that did there jobs and really cared about the residents not just putting up a front to look good.And i think there should be more incetives for employees and i think mangement of some of these places need to be checked on because they threaten to write people up all the time but do not want to help out when they are short it is all talk

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living