I love what I do!

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing
Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid to work with Seniors, do the right thing everyday making a difference in peoples lives and living by the philosphy "Safely Somewhere" which means we will go visit Seniors still living at home to make sure they are safe, have meals, medications and help lined up if they need it. It is a very rewarding career! They also provide opportunities for growth if you are looking for it. It doesn't matter if you are a caregiver or housekeeper so will give you training and support!

Cons

I work long hours- but I choose to because I enjoy what I do so much! It is more like a calling than a job.

Advice to Management

Continue to stand behind your committment to our Residents of "Our Family is Comitted to Yours" as our residents come first! And encouraging us all to live by the golden rule of doing to others as we would like done to us! If some employees don't believe this or think it isn't being done this is not due to management standing in your way it is because you are not doing it and are looking for someone to blame.

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Residents are wonderful - no other pros

Cons

Management is pitiful along with the RCD - its like working for a cult.

Advice to Management

What management????

I Have never seen a company so poorly ran!!!!!!

Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The only pros at this company is the fact that you get to work with seniors!!!! They are the reason you should be there if you want a job with this company, and that is the only pro!!!

Cons

This company is never willing to actually do the job they need to do. The point of a senior living facility is to provide them with the best care, and all this company cares about is the dollar signs. The staffing is horrible and they should be shut down for the poor care they are providing! They won't even let our building buy the things we need for the residents. The ED, BOD, LED, and CRDs in our building do nothing but care about themselves. They could careless what happens to the residents and their families, or the line staff. They only care about themselves and what they look like that day, and what they are going to wear to work the next day and where they are going to go out to eat that night....If they would just help out instead of complaing about how terrible the staff is, maybe they would realize just how hard they work every day!!! I'm not sure why they wonder why we can't keep staff in the building!!??!? They only pay 8$ and hour and give terrible raises!!! And the work is so hard because of being so understaffed!!!. I would suggest you loook at what this company is doing to the residents and employees before you ever move your loved one into one of these buildings!!!!!

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are truly happy with that is happening in your buildings...And if you can sleep at night knowing that your residents do not have the care they are promised or need then there is something seriously wrong with you!!! Help out your staff, tell them thank you or good job every once in awhile, and mean it!!!!!!! Also stop treating everyone like crap and treat them like human beings!!!!!