Exciting and rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Housekeeper in Pikesville, MD
Current Employee - Senior Housekeeper in Pikesville, MD

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my position at Emeritus Senior Living as a Senior Housekeeper. I started this job in October 2012 and I came into this facility as a dedicated worker. I Love all of the residents and I know all of them by name. I look forward to coming to work everyday. I give 100% of my ability and I work very hard to keep our facility cllean.

Cons

Some of the cons that I have enountered since I have been employed with Emeritus is that everyone doesn't treat the residents nicely and I get upset about that.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns and correct some of the problems

Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Pay rate of 9 key Managers

Current Employee - Resident Contract Administration Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Contract Administration Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

9 of the top 24 managers as the Seattle Office HQ made a combined total of $14,968,279. Emeritus HQ employs approximately 221 people.

Cons

Even at $50,000 each, the 197 non-top managers only made a combined total of $9,850,000. Most home office employees make less the $20/hr.

Advice to Management

Shedding $2 million from your top 9 would allow you to pay the other 197 employees $10k more a year, making a significant difference in their lives and not touching the company's bottom line.

2. I was relieved when I gave my resignation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with seniors is my passion, I am working on my degree so I can do it for the rest of my life. I enjoyed all of the training, the nursing staff was so friendly, and I felt good that I could make a difference in the life of seniors. Emeritus has strong values and I would try my very hardest to follow those everyday of my employment.

Cons

Drama between departments No employee of the month, no recognition or appreciation for hard work Disorganization, poor communication

Advice to Management

Upper management, they treat everyone below them very poor. Team work was hard to find between the departments. Department heads need a reality check, stop acting like children and get along. Start recognizing the employees who work just as hard.