Emeritus Senior Living

www.brookdale.com
There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Used, not appreciated and there values is a joke

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living part-time (less than a year)

Pros

feel good when a family member sees you work hard and care

Cons

Lied to by management that we were working too many weekends that it needs to be every other and people need to pull their weight. Then all at once 5 of us working 5 weekends in a row upsetting or moral NO FAMILY VALUE TO OUR FAMILIES. Popular ones always getting special days off like Easter etc. Or you help bail them due to lack of staff work a double on a Sat and they book you the next morning with only 5 hours of sleep and you got 5 hours on a Friday of sleep for bailing them Fri night as well. NO ROOM FOR GROWTH your lucky to get a 10 cents raise. While now many home cares are paying 10.00 and hour for a CNA. CNA should be paid 50 cents more and hour for her schooling and title. Letting people back in on trail basis when they really need to be in a nurse care facility meaning put more on the RA's and NO MORE CARE than Before and then you have several hard residents that take up all your time and the others are put on back burner. No management on weekends and eve in the place. WORKED TO DEATH IN THE DINNING ROOM carrying heavy trays of food, clean up too demanding, staff at each other throats, Food should be brought in on carts to save staffs back and arms to help your love ones when they need a boost.
Threatened to get written up if we do not do silver chair threats of fired if we forget to something simple yet we are blown in all directions. No incentives at all, No bonus, tries to keep you at 4 or less days a week to keep your vacation time low , sick leave low no good benefits 401k share part low, SAY if sick have to get a DR note fro throwing up and pooping......... other Assisted livings say that is ridiculous they do not have that policy. SO where are their so called VALUES in that??? Where I work Moral with half of the staff has been all time low FOR last 3 Months.

They do not care

295 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Residents are wonderful - no other pros

Cons

Management is pitiful along with the RCD - its like working for a cult.

What management????

I Have never seen a company so poorly ran!!!!!!

Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Dietary Staff in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The only pros at this company is the fact that you get to work with seniors!!!! They are the reason you should be there if you want a job with this company, and that is the only pro!!!

Cons

This company is never willing to actually do the job they need to do. The point of a senior living facility is to provide them with the best care, and all this company cares about is the dollar signs. The staffing is horrible and they should be shut down for the poor care they are providing! They won't even let our building buy the things we need for the residents. The ED, BOD, LED, and CRDs in our building do nothing but care about themselves. They could careless what happens to the residents and their families, or the line staff. They only care about themselves and what they look like that day, and what they are going to wear to work the next day and where they are going to go out to eat that night....If they would just help out instead of complaing about how terrible the staff is, maybe they would realize just how hard they work every day!!! I'm not sure why they wonder why we can't keep staff in the building!!??!? They only pay 8$ and hour and give terrible raises!!! And the work is so hard because of being so understaffed!!!. I would suggest you loook at what this company is doing to the residents and employees before you ever move your loved one into one of these buildings!!!!!

Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are truly happy with that is happening in your buildings...And if you can sleep at night knowing that your residents do not have the care they are promised or need then there is something seriously wrong with you!!! Help out your staff, tell them thank you or good job every once in awhile, and mean it!!!!!!! Also stop treating everyone like crap and treat them like human beings!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living